Author Topic: "Invalid "Serial  (Read 5648 times)

jamiehd

• Calf
"Invalid "Serial
« on: January 12, 2009, 08:01:04 AM »

Hey,

I'm trying to download drivers etc for my DriveStation HD-CE1.0TU2, however whenever I enter my serial it says it's invalid.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: "Invalid "Serial
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »
   The drivers are built into the Windows OS and are not available for download. What is the exact software you are looking for?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jamiehd

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »
   Well windows seems to be hating the drive, ever since I enabled turbousb, I was hoping something in the download would fix it. I'm also interested in the encryption software, if this is part of the download.

Ilovesfa13

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »

I am also trying to enter my serial number for exactly the same model and also being told it is invalid. The reason i need the software is because vista has decided it doesnt want to recognise my external drive anymore and it keeps insisting it needs to be formatted. I am NOT formatting because EVERYTHING is on there, my downloads, pictures, document (including all my university work) and not to mention about 60GB of music.

Any help is deeply appreciated!

jamiehd

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 05:38:15 PM »
   bump

jamiehd

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 03:55:05 PM »
   Vista is no longer reading the drive properly - when I plug it in, it tries to install it and fails. I've tried it on another computer and get the same thing.

Ilovesfa13

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »
   I contacted Buffalo support about it and all they suggest is that you take it to a technician. This for me is extremely frustrating as i had the external for only a week or so before it started failing, and i am already having to pay EXTRA cash to get it working again. I could always try and send it back and get a refund under the warranty, but that is still a LOT of data lost =(