Author Topic: Can not get NasNavi to work on Vista with a Linkstation Pro Duo 1tb  (Read 3487 times)

autoxinvr6

• Calf

So I have a brand new Linkstation Pro Duo 1tb (LS-WTGL/R1-V3 F/W 3.07).  I can connect into the Linkstation by entering the IP that my router gave the Linkstation and I can get into the settings and all but, I can not get NasNavi to even find the linkstation.

How to get get this mess to work so I can put my files on it!  p.s. I am on a vista laptop.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Can not get NasNavi to work on Vista with a Linkstation Pro Duo 1tb
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 02:58:32 AM »
   More than likely its your anti virus or firewall blocking the communication. The nas navi uses broadcast packets to communicate which alot of these applications block.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 03:52:11 PM »
   You can also try a different version of the Nas Navi, go to LS Pro downloads to get version 1.2 or LS Pro DUO downloads to get version 2.

autoxinvr6

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 07:34:24 PM »

Version 2 came on the disk with the Linkstation it's self and I did try to download the 1.2.  The program ran but nothing happened.

I'll try the firewall/antivirus thing.   I have the windows firewall and Avast running.

autoxinvr6

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 07:50:56 PM »

p.s.  The Buffalo Tech people told me to use "\\ and the router given IP address of the linkstation" to access it's folders and it worked.

I'm going to still try to get NasNavi to work, but atleast I can move stuff to the drive now.

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 08:48:22 PM »

Im glad that you can access your data now.

As for the Nas Navi yeah, try turning off the firewalls like davo suggested first. 

Also remember that the Nas Navi's main use is just to get basic info from the device, like the IP. If you already know the IP you shouldn't need to use the Nas Navi, especially if you have it working on another computer (not sure if you do or not though). But it is a great tool to use in trouble shooting.