Author Topic: Connectivity lost to LinkStation Pro  (Read 2855 times)

apv245l

• Calf
Connectivity lost to LinkStation Pro
« on: January 12, 2009, 02:22:55 AM »
   This is probably a well known problem but I'm sorry I can't find it elsewhere. I have a LinkStation Pro which I can see using Navigator. But when I click on View Shares I get the message 'Network Routing can't be found'. So I can play existing music content through my media player but can't update it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

kevin

• El Toro
Re: Connectivity lost to LinkStation Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:00:37 PM »

Are you saying that your media player can access the unit but your computer can't?

What Firmware version does the navigator give you?

apv245l

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 01:26:39 AM »
   Kevin, thanks for taking the time to reply. I can get limited access from the PC. I can access the LS Admin system either through IP adress or running Navigator. But I can't see the files. Ie if I run Navigator I get the screen telling me the addresses, used storage, firmware (version 1.03), etc, but if I try to 'View Shares' I get the error message that 'Network routing can't be found'. And you are right about the media players - I have a couple of internet radios that happily pick up files off the LS and play them. But I now can't update content. Very frustrating. 

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:10:25 PM »

Okay, since you can access it with differen't units we know that the unit is mounting the shares properly.

Can you access them by going to Start> Run> \\IP of the LS ?

If you cannot, try turning off your Windows Firewall and any anti-virus or other software firewall.

apv245l

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 01:36:18 AM »

I can see my files again but not quite sure why. Turning off firewalls didn't have any effect. However I discovered a network security tab in my Norton 360. Setting my LS to 'Trusted' seems to have enabled me to explore the LS files from Vista. So far so good. but I've never done that before and the files have been accessible, and using Buffalo Nav still gives me the 'Network routing can't be found' error message. However, I have a working solution so should be grateful. Thanks for the input.