Author Topic: LS-CHL Shares have Size Limits?  (Read 1611 times)

mlokhandwala

• Calf
LS-CHL Shares have Size Limits?
« on: March 08, 2009, 05:50:25 AM »

I have the 1TB version with 1.06 firmware.

First, it doesnt show me the remaining space on the disk.

Second, eventhough I have copied only about 100 GB on the 1 TB drive, shares I created dont allow me to copy files with an error indicating "Out of Space". Obviously 90% of the disk is free, and if I copy to the default folder (share) that came with the drive, I can copy large files even now. So whats this pathetic limitation?

This device is quite frustrating in terms of its serious limitations. At least buffalo should make it open source or something so that others can improve on their crippled drives.

Update--------> 

NAS Navigator shows that I am using only 81GB of 923 GB. I mapped the shares to drive letters and found that all the shares have combined limit of 5 GB, and the remaining 900+ GB is assigned to the default share... how can this be changed? This is a big issue because security is at share level and if I want to have 100 GB protected, I have no way of doing it now as the Web admin interface has no such facility. 

Message Edited by mlokhandwala on 03-08-2009 06:13 PM

cikis

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL Shares have Size Limits?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »

I have the same problem on LS-WX2.0TL with firmware 1.54.

In NAS Navigator and in AdminWebPage shows that 730/917Gb (79%), but in Windows7 share shows:

Total Size: 47,6 Gb

Free Size: 52,0 KB

I use the same folder also from MacBook with Lion and there it shows correctly that free 200Gb and I can copy files to this share.

Folder supports Windows and Apple.

It used to be ok, but it started about 1 month ago. Might be related with latest update of Firmware or Lion (as I use the same folder also from MacBook). 

Any ideas, what caused Windows to show wrong size? What solutions?