Author Topic: Cloudstor invalid Disk Full error  (Read 6659 times)

mndad

• Calf
Cloudstor invalid Disk Full error
« on: October 22, 2011, 10:54:36 AM »

I am trying to debug sync software I have been using and didn't know if someone here could help.

I am receiving the following error when trying to synchronize: "Windows Error Code 112: There is not enough space on the disk."

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, synchronizing to a Buffalo Technology CloudStor Pro 2-Bay 2 TB NAS.  I get this same error with both FreeFileSync and Create Synchronicity.

There is only about 150G used space on the NAS drive and I am able to copy the files manually with no problems, but both sync programs continue to error out.?  One of the techs suggested it could be related to the following since the programs are using Windows CopyFileEx

- trying to copy > 4 GB file on a FAT file system
     largest file is 500 MB
- too many files within a single directory on a FAT file system
     trying to copy 38 files with total size = 850MB into an empty directory on the NAS.  C: drive is NTFS, P: drive is XFS
- not using UNC syntax:
   source = C:\Users\dad\Desktop
   target = P:\public\Temp\testFreeFileSync

If any of these were the problem, I would be having the same issue when trying to copy the files manually.  I can copy all of the files with no errors using Windows Explorer.? 

Any suggestions???  The Pogoplug drive software has already been recently reinstalled.  Had to do that after the last firmware update.  (the software was running, but the P: drive was not visible/accessible).  Also if it were a pogoplug drive problem, shouldn't I get the same error through Windows Explorer?

ESCHER

• El Toro
Re: Cloudstor invalid Disk Full error
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 01:13:40 PM »

The Pogoplug drive emulates FAT32, I guess with all limitations.

Have you tried to sync mapping the Cloudstor as a network drive?

mndad

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »

Even if the pogoplug drive emulates FAT32.....

1) I'm nowhere near any of the limitations

2) Wouldn't it be failing too when I copied from c:\folder to p:\folder directly?

Setting Cloudstor as a network drive...I tried to do that but received the following message:

"IPaddress is not set up to establish a connection on port "File and printer sharing (SMB)".

Where does that need to be enabled?

If this works, it is only a partial fix since it will only work locally.  My kids are at school and are using the device for backups (that is until we started getting this error).

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »

Then, most likely you have a network issue.  Mapping the CS as a network drive should word.

Maybe your router is blocking ports which are used by the Pogoplug.

Check this post:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Unable-to-write-to-CloudStor-drive-from-remote-location/m-p/82573/highlight/true#M42313?

mndad

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »

I appreciate your attempts but have you fully read my previous posts?

This is not a network error. The problem I am having involves the pogoplug drive software not the pogoplug web interface, and by the results of the scenarios listed below, should not be a problem with the pogoplug drive.

Scenario 1 (Fails)  Using various sync software to map a directory from c: to p:.  Apparently these are using the Windows "CopyFileEx" routine.  Error code 112 or as a constant ERROR_DISK_FULL is returned for new files being added.

Scenario 2 (Works) Using windows explorer to copy the same files from c: to p:.

If this was a network issue or an issue with how the drive is mapped, both scenarios would be failing. 

MJJPhotos

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »

Going to post my own link on a similar topic.  I get the "Disk Full" error even when accessing via Windows.  It's not full I have a 2 TB hard drive with only 301 GB of data on it.  Restarted the Cloudstor, rebooted windows (Win XP SP2) and still the same error.

However, when I search my local network and find the Cloudstore device and Map a Network Drive to it.  I have NO PROBLEM.  Therefore I think there is a defect in the Pogoplug software reporting to any interface that goes through it that the disk is artificially full, when  it is not.

mndad

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 07:42:59 PM »

I'm glad you started a new thread and Buffalo has acknowledged that they broke something with the last firmware update.

Hopefully it will be corrected soon.

Mr_Bigsby

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 02:01:45 PM »

Good to see this thread.

I have the exact same problem when trying to sync files. Using Allway sync, which works fine on all my other external drives. It was working perfectly with my cloudstor for about three months but suddenly began getting this message in Oct:  "There is not enough space on the disk. (80070070), filename: Error while copying "___________________" to "__________________", fs::copyitem::overwrite_failed.

Like you, the destination drive has 1+ Terabytes free. The source drive has 51 GB free. The total amount of data being copied on this particular job is 2-3 GB. Again, I've run this same backup job on the same source and target drives without any problems for several months.

I noted a similar thread on the Pogoplug forums. Been wracking my brains trying to figure this out but maybe I'll just cool my heels and wait for a firmware update.

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »

So, maybe a solution could be a firmware downgrade.

teeque

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »

I am still having this error and has anyone figured out a fix.

jsgordon420

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »

I too am having this problem with my Windows XP machines connecting thru the cloud (wide area network)

it seems to work ok from my Windows 7 (x64) system using the 64-bit version.

I notice from the xp (32 bit) I can right click and create a new text document, save it, and open, edit and save again, but when I go to move that test file to my Windows desktop and back I get the out of space message.

Buffalo please assist (us)

Jeff G. 

Mr_Bigsby

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:21 AM »

My clousdstor has been sitting unsynced since November because of disk full errors. The firmware update failed to resolve the issue. Sent a email query to support last week but no solution forthcoming.

I was getting ready say goodbye to the cloudstor experiment, and use the hardrive for other purposes.

Based on MJJPhotos comment (see above) I decided to try one last work around -- create a map (shortcut) to the cloudstor P drive in Windows 7 and then direct my sync software (Allway Sync) to the mapped drive ("Z") instead of the cloudstor P.

It worked! Where I had been getting "disk full" errors, even if I was just copying 1 or 2 updated files, I'm currently copying and updating thousands of files. Finally!!!

I realize this doesn't solve the other problem of syncing the hard drive outside from outside the local network, but at least I can update it from SOMEWHERE. Cloudstor lives to see another day in my household. 

chemish

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »

I had this same issue after upgrading my firmware from 2.5.9.19 to 3.0.3.30. I just got off the phone with tech support and they said they have a new firmware with a target release date of Feb. 21st and a couple of the issues that were listed as fixed sounded like they might take care of this.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 11:08:33 AM »

chemish is correct. There is a new firmware update coming out to resolve this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

thadleffingwell

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »

Any news on the firmware  update? I am having this same issue and can't get GoodSync to work with the cloudstor drive. This is the only reason I bought the **bleep** thing (to work with GoodSync over the network). FYI, the GoodSync tech thinks the drive is actually formatted in FAT32 and is a "cheap chinese drive."