Author Topic: Cannot Upgrade to 2.11 Linkstation Live  (Read 3695 times)

edd

• Calf
Cannot Upgrade to 2.11 Linkstation Live
« on: January 11, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »

So, logged in after a while, saw a new 2.11 firmware to fix the ages old DLNA problem, wanted to try it.

Downloaded it, ran LSUPdater.  Transferred the first file (~1.6Mb). Transferred the second file (~4.6Mb), then died with an ACP_STATE_ERROR.  

Rebooted Linkstation. Tried again.  LSUpdater did not try to transfer the first file (I assume the first file was applied OK). Transferred the second file (~4.6 Mb). Applied it. Started transfer for the "big" file (~99Mb). After transfer, it aborted with ACP_STATE_ERROR.

Figured I'd try the reboot again.  Rebooted Linkstation. Tried again... LsUpdater did NOT try and transfer the second file (So, again, I assume it was applied).  Immediately started transfer of the 3rd file (~99Mb).  After transfer, got an ACP_STATE_ERROR problem.

Now, unable to see the Linkstation on the usual IP Address. Manually reboot it with the switch on the unit.  Cannot see network shares when it comes up. LsUpdater IS able to see the device and says that it has no firmware installed on it (firmware version is listed as "---").  So, I hit the "Upgrade" button and it is trying, again, to upload the ~99Mb file.  No real confidence that this will work.

Does anyone have any advice on how to put a new firmware on this fantastic product....?

-Ed

edd

• Calf
Re: Cannot Upgrade to 2.11 Linkstation Live
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 01:27:28 PM »

AAANNND..... after downloading the ~99Mb file I get another "ACP_STATE_ERROR".

Any ideas?  The only thing that can see the Linkstation on the network now is the LsUpdate.exe executable which lists:

HOST: HS-DHGL-EM07D

WORKGROUP: UNKNOWN (used to be an actual workgroup...)

IP-addres: 192.168.x.x (this is correct)

SUBNETMASK: 255.255.255.255.0 (This is correct)

MAC: (Looks reasonable)

Firmware Ver:"----" (This seems bad)

-Ed

edd

• Calf
Re: Cannot Upgrade to 2.11 Linkstation Live
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 02:46:14 PM »

OK.. got it to work!

My attempts to update over a WLAN did not work.

Trying to connect an XP laptop to the device directly did not work.

Connecting my laptop to a hub and then to the device did work.  Also had to make sure firewalls were all off.