Author Topic: cannot access Linkstation PRO DUO  (Read 1475 times)

patnik

• Calf
cannot access Linkstation PRO DUO
« on: October 17, 2011, 10:45:26 PM »

Last night I was trying to change some media settings on the linkstation pro duo LS-WX2.0tl/R1

Unfortunately everything stopped working after that.. I can ping the ip but cannot access it via web settings or cannot find it in NasNavigator2.. NNavigator stopped detecting it.. I tried following the reset of the UI, Press Function button + power off then auto then release the function button etc.. Noting worked.. the NAS drive is directly connected to the computer but still NasNavi2 cannot acces or detect the drive.. is there a other way without loosing all crucial data.. I did get some error about time not being set up correctly. but unfortunately I cannot get that error back..

All the help is greatly appreciated..

ESCHER

• El Toro
Re: cannot access Linkstation PRO DUO
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »

Are there some blinking lights?

If so which color (amber, red or blue), which patern?

Which RAID level are you using?

Most likely your data is safe.  You can recover it if you attach remove the disks and attach them to a PC, but depending on the RAID it can be difficult.

patnik

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:43:19 AM »

I am using raid 1. and the lights that blink function loght , keeps blinking blue..

I have another terastation, same model. can i remove the drives from this and put it in the other one.. will it work?

what is the best way to get this one working.. all i need is to get the web settings going..

What are the default IP that I need to assign to my PC to get this to work..

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 08:43:40 PM »

If the unit has a blinking blue light, then it is not able to boot.

If you need to recover the data, then you should do it before trying anything else.

To recover the data, you can remove one drive and attach it to a Windows computer running recovery software or you can mount the disk in a computer running Linux and mdadm package.

If something goes wrong, you have a second shot with the second drive (both are supposed to be identical).

If your data is not a problem, then delete the partitions and read my favorite post.

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Am-I-a-LS-WVL-Sucker-Bought-Empty-Nas-from-Ebay/m-p/74498#M39226?