Author Topic: Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL harddisk replace  (Read 2080 times)

bjursus

• Calf
Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL harddisk replace
« on: October 17, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »

I have a Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL (version 1 as far as I have been able to deduct).

After 16 months of operation the harddisk did break down, which was indicated by blinking red error code 6, corrupt firmware. I decided to try to exchange the disk (I am aware this is not something that is supported).

Obtained a new 2 TB disk (the old one was 1 TB).

I have tried to search your site for a step-by-step guide, but without any luck. I have, however, found different information on the subject.

I have formatted the harddisk in xfs format using a Linux machine and a docking station, and then installed the disk in my unit (still blinking error code 6).

I cannot get in contact with it using LSUpdater, så I have then tried to perform a TFTP boot procedure as described here:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-3-of-5-TFTP-boot-procedure-please-read-this/td-p/68094

I see my pc does get the two requests, but the unit does just keep blinking blue. If I restart it, it will go back to blinking the red error 6 code.

What am I missing?

Isn’t it possible to download the files on a Linux machine and then copy them to the disk?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Bjørn