Author Topic: LinkStation LS-WTGL/R1-V3 Password Problem  (Read 6192 times)

D-n-Tyke

• Calf
LinkStation LS-WTGL/R1-V3 Password Problem
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:52:54 PM »

I have a Linstation Duo that is running fine. The problem is that I seem to have forgotten either my user name or the password and can no longer gain access. I can get in and see the basics using the "Guest" user name and no password. User Name "Admin" "Password" does nothing. Is there a way to get in there and reset the user name without loosing all my data that is stored on there? 

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation LS-WTGL/R1-V3 Password Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:31:10 AM »

Please switch the unit to off and wait until the lights are off.

Hold the function button for 10 seconds while it is still off.

While still holding the function button after 10 seconds please flip the switch to on.

Once the function light begins to blink release the function button and press it again for one second.

Wait until the power light is solid and this will restore your unit.

This process will not delete any data and will only restore the admin password and set the IP address back to DHCP.

captfsh

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »

Hello,

I have two NAS models.  I went through this with the larger TS, but now am having the same problem with my LS-WTGL?.  I have set it to EM mode, and am running TFTP, but nothing shows up.    TFTP still at  "accepting requests..."

I have my laptop set to 192.168.11.1.  Have it directly connected to the LS-WTGL? via network cable.

I have even tried to do the force firmware first, but that failed as the unit kept getting a 169.* address and the udpater wanted password even though I was in debug mode.

So, I went with the TFTP function to put on a new image.... but no joy.  Any ideas? 

Device is currently firmware 3.09 raid 0.  I've tried accessing the discs by themselves by connecting them to my laptop, but no joy there either.

Thank you.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »

If you can see your unit in EM mode then there is no need to do the TFTP boot. Simply follow FAQ 2 of 5 that is pinned to the top of the forums. Attach your unit directly to your Pc via ethernet, no static IP address, and reset your unit. You should see it and be able to update it.

captfsh

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 03:24:18 PM »

Hello John,

No, I do not see the NAS in EM mode via the NasNav.  I state that it is in EM mode as the blinking LED light is blue at the top. Which, doesn't stay there for long.  As long as LED blinks blue, I don't have a connection to it. Soon as it goes to solid green, I can get NasNav to see it.

NasNav either does not see it or sees it but asks for the forgotten password. With my system set to 192.168.11.1, the device only returns a 169.* address.  NAsNav says trying to force IP change on Nas, but fails.

Firmware update either fails or ask for password despite being in Debug Mode.

Recall: I have successfully accomplished a full restore and wipe of another unit using TFTP and the firmware updater.