Author Topic: Update problems with LS-WXL (ACP_STATE_FAILURE)  (Read 1928 times)

Borisqaz

• Calf
Update problems with LS-WXL (ACP_STATE_FAILURE)
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »

Hi there!

Firstly thanks to everyone who has posted on this site previously - I've been spent the last two weeks being very well advised!

I got myself a Linkstation Duo a couple of weeks ago and promptly took out the two 1Tb drives and whacked in two new 2Tb ones. Had massive trouble getting them to work, and then had even more trouble getting the old drives to work again, but eventually I managed to get the 2x 2Tb drives up and running using a TFTP boot from the sticky thread on this board. However, i still have some pretty major problems...

- Rebooting the drive: if ever the drive is turned off it refuses to reboot, giving me an E6 error so I have to do a TFTP boot again

- Webaccess: I can't access the drive via the Webaccess app due to the lack of up-to-date firmware, and when I try to connect using NetPortal or FileBrowser I get a socket time-out error after I've entered my username and password (yes, port 445 is open and forwarded to the drive). I finally got access working via the buffalonas.com site once I'd opened port 9000, although this is very tempermental on my iPad and won't let me scroll down so is pretty useless.

I think all these problems link back to the fact that the drive won't update, even when forced to using the debug mode. It just transfers the files to the drive then gives me an ACP_STATE_FAILURE error. I've already tried most of the solutions on here - the drive is connected directly to my laptop via a RJ45 cable, I've set the local ip address of my network port to the same subnet as the drive, and have shut down all firewalls/ antivirus software.

I haven't tried the ACP_Commander program yet, but that sounded a little scary for my liking...

If anyone has any ideas any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Borisqaz

• Calf
Re: Update problems with LS-WXL (ACP_STATE_FAILURE)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »
Anybody?