Author Topic: XFS Format shows up as FAT32 on Windows 7 64 Bit Windows.  (Read 3227 times)

411tech

• Calf
XFS Format shows up as FAT32 on Windows 7 64 Bit Windows.
« on: October 08, 2011, 02:11:23 AM »

I understand that the format of the drives is XFS, but Windows 7 thinks it is FAT32.  Since FAT32 has a 4 Gig limit in file size, I cannot save any file larger than 4 gb.  Since I use the Cloudstor for Media distribution and also as a backup device, how do I get windows to recognize that the drive is XFS?

I have a linkstation Pro Duo as well as a Terastation and I don't have these limitations with those devices.  I am using the latest BIOS, and I cannot find a solution to this problem.  I have backups of many Dual Sided DVD's that are 5 to 7 Gb in sie and I cannot back them up!

Please help.  I have installed the XFS utilitiy and also the PogoPlug HD access software so the Cloudstor looks as if it is a local drive.  Would removing the local drive software and just mapping the drive help?

Barry Kucher

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: XFS Format shows up as FAT32 on Windows 7 64 Bit Windows.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 07:00:08 AM »

The Cloudstor can use NTFS formatted USB HDD's, format it in your PC then attach it to the cloudstor. Ensure your on the latest 2.28 firmware for the cloudstor.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

ESCHER

• El Toro
Re: XFS Format shows up as FAT32 on Windows 7 64 Bit Windows.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 11:05:06 AM »

Do you mean, you see CS drive as a FAT32 local drive using Pogoplug software?

If so, just forget about Pogoplug and map it as a network drive.

XFS is not relevant if you use the unit as a NAS.