Author Topic: Problem accessing my Buffalo Linkstation LS-WTGL/R1 1TB from my TVIX box with NFS  (Read 3057 times)

Admicom

• Calf

Hi everyone, i encounter some problems parameting the NFS connection between my TVIX box and my Buffalo NAS Linkstation. It works with the SAMBA protocol. The TVIX box asks me for an IP address (no problem) and a server name. All my DVD Iso's are stored in a folder named MEDIA and my Buffalo Linkstation is configured in RAID1 mode (2 HHD of 500GB mirrored).

I don't know what to specify in the field SERVER NAME...

On a TVIX forum, someone with a NAS of other brand had exactly the same problem as me and solved it like this :

To mount Tvix to the SimpleShare drive (using NFS/"Normal"), the sharename("server name") should be in the following format:

/shares/Pool_Name/Share_Name

where Pool_Name is the name of the diskpool and Share_Name is name of the shared folder. In my case, it is:

/shares/SimplePool/Media

Note: the path names are case sensitive (unix). The NFS path is not documented - but was able Google it. Note also that I created the username/password tvixhd1 on the drive.

Thank you for your help,

Nicolas from France

Colin137

• Big Bull
Check in the web interface for an NFS option on the left... As far as i know, the Linkstation Pro Duo doesn't support NFS. The European firmware may have the option, though.