Author Topic: DTCP-IP  (Read 1305 times)

Ringfinger

• El Toro
DTCP-IP
« on: September 29, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »

I mistakenly hit this refresh button and now I am stuck in an endless loop and it says downloading, robeeoting, etc.  Finally, after an hour I get some error message.  I rebooted, I signed out and in, always when I come back to the media server tabe I have to do a refresh according to the pop-up I get and it repeats all of this.

Can anyone help?  I have this function disabled by the way.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: DTCP-IP
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 03:53:21 PM »

Which DTCP-IP version are you running? You might already have the latest. I have never tried it with the service disabled how ever so I do not know how it woudl react.

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 06:32:14 PM »
I Don't even know as I have never used it. Like I said, I refreshed it on accident and now is seems to be in a endless loop and no matter how many times I reboot manually or log in or out of the server it seems that every time I go to media share function I get the popup to refresh. And it all starts again. Not sure what to do.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »

DTCP-IP is not what users think it is. It does not update twonky. It re-validates an embedded key in the firmware. If the product can't get through your router (incorrect router setting) or firewall, to validate with it's server - this validation will not complete. You may be able to resolve this by reloading your FW.