Author Topic: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update  (Read 75116 times)

kineticonline

• Calf
Re: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2012, 02:33:30 AM »

This is really starting to anoy me now, I'm having to start downloading torrents on my PC and linkstation, add the linkstation to my peer list on the pc (because the crappy web ui doesnt allow it to be done there, along with many many other options in the newer version of utorrent and the webui), and when i've got a handful of peers exchanged i can stop the download on my PC.

No RSS

No Autoloading torrents store in specifc folders

No way to specify where complete downloads move to

and now this?

The current build 20949, is almost 2 years old, I cant be the only person who badly thinks Buffalo need update the client, buy as far as i can can see they havent even acknowledged that theres an issue.

kineticonline

• Calf
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2012, 02:47:36 AM »

DickeFix wrote:

I pasted the following trackers in the properties of a magnet link to kickstart it:

http://tracker.torrentbox.com:2710/announce
http://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce
http://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
http://tracker.istole.it:6969/announce
http://tracker.ccc.de:80/announce

After that other magnet links at TPB started to magically work without the need of any extra trackers. Maybe this is a temporary fix due to caching of the DHT nodes.  Or maybe it was just a coincidence and something was externally fixed.

Adding random trackers which have abandoned TCP support to become UDP-only trackers isnt going to help things, in fact it will only end up causing more issues in the long term.

Two major trackers OBT and PBT have reportedly gone on stike because of it (source)

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2012, 02:49:49 AM »
Hi I'm having the same problem. I'm not technical so most of the stuff you guys are typing on here means nothing to me. I'm thinking though, do Buffalo have the older versions of the firmware (the one before this one) online anywhere so I can just go back to the previous FULLY WORKING version?

Goon

• Calf
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2012, 04:52:44 AM »

It isn't related to firmware version or upgrading - all firmwares are currently affected.

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2012, 04:59:23 AM »
ah I see!! I didn't realise that! I gather Buffalo are aware of this and there will be a fix???

Goon

• Calf
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:27 AM »

It seems to be a global issue judging by the number of people reporting this, however no official word from Buffalo yet and they haven't yet acknowledged it as an issue. For me this issue first became apparent last Thursday (12th July) although it may have started a day or two earlier and I haven't noticed.

The uTorrent WebUI continues to download magnets when using uTorrent standalone from a desktop PC, it just seems to be the Buffalo distribution that is affected.

Goon

• Calf
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2012, 05:32:35 AM »

DickeFix, I tested your temporary fix of adding the magnet link you specified - for ease of copy/pasting for others I have copied it to PasteBin so the Word step can be skipped:

http://pastebin.com/Mwcxq3ei

Just copy and paste the magnet link from the raw paste data section.

For anyone curious about what you're actually downloading here, it's the Pirate Bay magnet archive (http://piratebay.se/torrent/7016365). Just to reiterate a point made earlier, this problem isn't just affecting magnet links from TPB, it's affecting magnet links from everywhere.

When I initially added the file, it sat at 0 downloaders and seeders like the rest, so I didn't think it worked, however any subsequent magnets I then downloaded seemed to start OK!

Just wondering here, if I edit the properties on this download to limit the upload and download rates to 1KB, it now has an ETA of several weeks, would magnet downloads continue to work while this magnet is downloading or is the cache timeout value you were mentioning something separate?

DickeFix

• Calf
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2012, 11:28:55 AM »

Goon, thanks for your help with uploading the magnet link to Pastebin! The linebreak that occured in the middle of the torrent when one copied and pasted it was very strange.

I don´t really know what determines the DHT cache length but think your idea to selectively limit the download rate for that torrent is smart and definitely worth testing. I also noticed that the magnet link took several minutes today before it started downloading so one needs to be patient.

Buffalo definitely needs to update the bittorrent client so it works fully with udp trackers.

ssshonky

• Calf
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »

The other thing I noticed is that when you load the native ( PC ) version of the torrent client my downloads seemed to be a LOT faster, with pretty much the same settings for amout of peers etc.

Perhaps a refresh of the client will help in that regard too.

Question - Does Buffalo have anybody on staff that checks the forums regularly and acts as a representative?

I suppose the fact that a fix has not been released immediately is a good thing as perhaps they are thinking it over and testing it more.

bthoven

• Calf
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »

Hi Goon & Dickefix,

I use your dummy magnet link and it works perfectly.

My trick is once the dummy magnet link start working, I pause  or stop it and leave it in the list. Next time if I need to download other maget link and it doesn't work, I just start downloading your dummy magnet link briefly and stop it. This is much more convinient than having to add the dummy magnet link everytime I need to download other files.

Thanks again for your help.

thewarden

• Calf
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2012, 06:29:43 AM »

Same issue on my end as well. I thought it was the 1.60 firmware, but after downgrading to 1.57 this bt issue still remained. The fixes posted here, got me going again. Thanx!

sergioi

• Calf
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2012, 09:27:01 AM »

Same problem here... LS-CHL 2TB unit... It was with 1.56 firmware, I upgraded to 1.60 thinking that it was a version problem, but same thing on both versions... The fix worked but it is very annoying, we need a real fix from Buffalo!

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2012, 04:28:11 PM »
the fix doesn't work for me. i've got paste from the paste bin, pasted it into my torrent url and it starts downloading "complete.gz". I pause this and try to add other torrent url's but nothing. Am I doing this right (sorry, I'm not a techie on this stuff!)

DickeFix

• Calf
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »

It should work. Maybe the file you try to download has no or very few seeders or maybe you stopped the bootstrap torrent too early before it had time to collect enough DHT nodes. Try to restart your other torrents after the bootstrap torrent has downloaded a few minutes.

handsome924

• Calf
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »

add me into this list, since 1.60 firmware upgade. torrent is having problem.

RESET factory multiple time, does not works.

can someone guide me how to add the magnet link into the torrent? im does not seems to able to do that.

i pick a movie randomly from TPB, the magnet link is 

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7f163eee39233f8d1ad544b3d84f0b688b13dddd&dn=TED+2012+%28NEW+SOURCE%29+x264+-+KiNGDOM&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

the temp fix given is 

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:938802790a385c49307f34cca4c30f80b03df59c&dn=TPB&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80%2Fannounce

how can i combine both this link to make it work?

thanks in advance.