Author Topic: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update  (Read 75141 times)

DickeFix

• Calf
Re: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »

Good news! Magnet links from TPB have started to work again, at least for me.

I pasted the following trackers in the properties of a magnet link to kickstart it:

http://tracker.torrentbox.com:2710/announce

http://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

http://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

http://tracker.istole.it:6969/announce

http://tracker.ccc.de:80/announce

After that other magnet links at TPB started to magically work without the need of any extra trackers. Maybe this is a temporary fix due to caching of the DHT nodes.  Or maybe it was just a coincidence and something was externally fixed.

itayd

• Calf
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2012, 07:35:10 PM »

I used the magnet from OpenSUSE's website. Can you see if it works for you from there?

I just wish it would work again without adding trackers or messing with links/configuration files

itayd

• Calf
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »

Magnet links from TPB now seem to be working without issues (FOR NOW).

bthoven

• Calf
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2012, 08:52:39 PM »

For now, TPB still not work for me. To make it work, I have to insert those tracker links, as suggested by DikeFix, in the properties on one of the torrent; then stop other zero peers torrents in the queue and restart them.

ssshonky

• Calf
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2012, 08:55:18 PM »

itayd , How did yours suddenly start working as I am guessing you didnt make any further firmware updates etc?

I re-tried mine remotely and its still not working , but I am not able to reboot my NAS remotely , so perhaps a reboot will fix mine?

Has anybody else had theirs start to auto-magically start working

bthoven

• Calf
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »

hi ssshonky,

Reboot and reset to factory default won't help in my case (1.6 fw).

ssshonky

• Calf
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2012, 09:14:19 PM »

I really dont want to stuff around with resetting to factory default , surely Buffalo will realise they have an issue and sent out another firmware update?

Thanks for your reply though.

DickeFix

• Calf
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2012, 09:16:36 PM »

itayd, I couldn´t find any magnet link on openSUSE, only a torrent file.

I guess you got the magnet links to work after adding the trackers from my previous post? Unfortunately it seems to be just a temporary fix. I found now that the problem reappears and magnet files stop working after some time. It also reappears if one restarts the bittorrent client by deactivating and activating it in the Linkstation settings. The reason that it works must be due to some temporary cache of DHT nodes on the Linkstation. Still it is good as a temporary fix since one only needs to add trackers to a single magnet link (by rightclicking on it, select properties, paste the trackers and then stop and restart the downloading). Then all magnet links that are downloaded afterwards work.

ssshonky

• Calf
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2012, 09:25:10 PM »

I also found that on my NAS the password I changed for the Torrent client seems to revert back to the factory setting of no password randomly.

Its my guess that the latest update has issues with the BT client on the whole and probably needs a re-visit.

I have not read the entire thread yet, but has anyone heard an official communication from Buffalo about this?

itayd

• Calf
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 02:10:58 AM »

DickeFix, yes, you're right. - it was a .torrent fileo n the OpenSUSE website. I don't know why I remembered a magnet link :/

Can confirm TPB magnets are not working again for me -it worked briefly yesterday without even inserting the trackers you posted. What an odd issue.

simingweng

• Calf
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2012, 03:59:29 AM »

from the past couple of days, I was experiencing the exactly same problem you guys have been discussing here.

Mine is a LS-WVL Pro Duo running fireware 1.6 (was upgraded couple days back before magnet refused to work).

the weird thing happened this afternoon is that I found one Magnet URL on TPB working on my NAS, but others are still not.

the working one is magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bfe827ea136f7e21e41ff9e4e30e6896cc1ed492&dn=Parallels.Desktop.v7.0.14920.build.689535.inc.serial-ADDiCT&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

the corresponding TPB webpage is at http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6675092/Parallels.Desktop.v7.0.14920.build.689535.inc.serial-ADDiCT

The tracker list are all the same across all the magnet URL on TPB I think. Do you guys have any clue what's behind the difference?

Goon

• Calf
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »

Just to confirm some of the troubleshooting undertaken in this thread, and adding some findings of my own:

- Magnet links can be added but don't start, they sit at 0 seeders and peers and display the null error mentioned previously in the event log:

JS error: [778] Unable to get value of the property '262': object is null or undefined

- Searching the file hash value of the magnet in Google and adding the .torrent file does work, it just seems to be magnet links that are broken.

- This doesn't seem to be an issue on uTorrent, if the client is installed on a desktop PC it will download fine, additionally the uTorrent WebUI version 0.370 if installed on a desktop PC or similar continues to work fine with magnet links, this seems to be something linked to the Buffalo uTorrent distribution.

- This isn't something linked solely to magnets from TPB. I am unable to download legitimate magnet links from other sites such as mininova.org - starting a magnet reports the same error, downloading the matching .torrent works fine.

- No official word from Buffalo in this thread as of yet, based on the amount of people with the same issue it looks to be a global fault.

-This isn't linked to firmware version, problem occurred for me on a box that had been running 1.56 happily for months. Upgrading didn't resolve the issue. I have access to several boxes in different locations running various firmwares, 1.56, 1.57, 1.60 - the issue is present on all.

- Resetting the Linkstation to factory defaults, formatting and/or erasing BitTorrent settings does not resolve the issue.

DickeFix

• Calf
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 05:50:50 PM »

Please test this temporary fix!

If you download the following magnet link in Linkstation, subsequent downloaded magnet links will hopefully automatically work until the session times out. (Please paste the magnet link first in Word and remove the line break)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:938802790a385c49307f34cca4c30f80b03df59c&dn=TPB&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80%2Fannounce

This is because the included http tracker works with Linkstation as opposed to the udp trackers. The cashed DHT nodes helps then to bootstrap DHT network. DHT network should be able to automatically bootstrap without torrents via router.utorrent.com but maybe Buffalo uses another bootstraping site that is temporarily down..

?

ssshonky

• Calf
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »

DickieFix - thanks for the tip, but when you say the session times out , what exactly does that mean? The web session to the Linkstation itself . or some sort of timeout for the torrent client?

DickeFix

• Calf
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »

The DHT cache will be cleaned after a while if there are no active downloads. I don´t know the exact time.