Author Topic: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update  (Read 75124 times)

vazeer

• Calf
Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« on: September 28, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »

Product name : LS-CH1.0TL-V2

I bought LS few weeks before and update firmware few days before and after update bittorent stopped working says downloading but didn't connects to any peer,tried different torrent but no peers,for checking  tired same torrent on my pc client works fine.

I noticed in my LS utorrent logs says "[23:48:25] JS error: [778] Unable to get value of the property '262': object is null or undefined?"

I think it is the reason its unable to connect support person please solve this problem.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:25:13 PM »

I would try resetting the unit through the interface to see if that resolves the issue. Go to system, then restore/erase and choose restore linkstation. This will not delete any data.

vazeer

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »

Tried 2 times and after that bittorrent worked as per thread but webacess not working !

acesone

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 04:57:09 PM »

I am having the same problems. I tried resetting twice but still getting the same error. 

turbochimp

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »

I've reset mine three times, tried many ports (not that it matters - routed traffic on the network will give great speed on a PC on the same connection if the port forwarding is changed), forcably reloaded the firmware and STILL I get poor performance.

turbochimp

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »

how is that solved?!?!!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 01:11:41 PM »

Try restoring the web interface through the system, then restore/erase tab. Choose the restore linkstation button. This will not delete any of the data.

turbochimp

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 03:28:37 AM »

I have done that a few times. I have forcably uploaded the firmware. I have turned it off and on again and off and on again. Last night I had a utorrent running on a laptop with the same ports forwarded and was getting 950kbs average for the same torrents the Linkstation is trying to download.

The Linkstation was getting 10kbps when I moved the port forwarding back. From reading other forums this fault is common but people are quick to blame the ISP, it's just not the case here.

The network is fine, the ISP is fine, the NAS is dire.

This is a massive problem with the unit and all testing narrows the problem down to the unit and its firmware. When is the next firmware due out?

It's a shame I can't bill Buffalo for hours spent trying to workaround an inherent fault with the unit, I could quit my day job.

turbochimp

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 02:56:57 PM »

I re-initialized the bit torrent extension yet again and to my surprise it jumped to 600kbps! a nice reward for having to redownload all the active torrents.

then after 2 minutes it's now back at 10kbps.

once again this piece of technology raises my hopes jubilantly and dashes them expertly once more.

tested again using torrent client on a laptop on the network to see if the ISP has stopped the port...nope.

for goodness sake...

turbochimp

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 10:28:03 AM »

I'd like a response please.

It's clear from the other threads poor BT performance is a known problem.

turbochimp

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 05:58:11 AM »

update required please.

Dizzymonk

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 12:22:27 AM »

I just bought a LinkStation LS-VL 3Tb (firmware 1.54)  and the bittorrent is not working either.

Took a while to get the NAS working on the network because my DLink DHCP was giving it an IP address that was on a different subnet from the rest of my computers on the wireless network.  Hand to manually assign a static IP for it to work.

Now if I keep reseting the NAS in order to try to get the bittorrent to work, wouldn't it reset the DHCP option to automatically get an IP address on a different subnet?  

That's my problem of not wanting to keep reseting the NAS.

What is causing this  "Cannot read property '262' of null" error anyway?

We need to get to the root of that instead of just resetting and pray.

Ashfield

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 01:03:09 PM »

Product: LS-XL 2.0 TB

Firmware 1.55

I have exactly the same problem. Just bought the thing, everything works fine. First days Bittorrent worked great, very very fast. But now it says in the log everytime:

19:47:34] JS error: [778] Kan de waarde van de eigenschap 262 niet ophalen: het object is null of niet gedefinieerd

(it is dutch, but the same error as everyone.)

Tried restore, restart, power off. Nothing helps.....

Buffalo: Pls. help.

andy_m

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »

I just got the same error message, tried ressetting and initiallizing but nothing!

Any other suggestions???

I bought this NAS under the impression it was good but so far not too impressed and now this packs up.

Come on Buffalo get it fixed!! 

surfmk

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 09:41:14 AM »

I've got the same problem !

Please someone sort this out or maybe advise to go back to previous firmware?

I bought your LS-XHL...

I've tried resetting and same "Unable to get value of the property '262'"

Surfmk.