Author Topic: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update  (Read 75117 times)

ghz

• Calf
Re: Torrent client updated on other models
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2013, 05:06:22 PM »

i have to agree with you guys. buffalo products lacks the features that most of their competitors (eg. synology, qnap) deliver for a similar price. okay, i am not always concerned about all the bells and whistles. but come on, they do care about customers and do support their older boxes as well.

was loyal for years but already started getting rid of my Buffalo stuff. that's it, end of the story.

jwhoutepen

• Calf
« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2013, 03:06:13 PM »

concerning the TS question: I had this problem a couple of days ago, and solved it by changing the language character set.

When trying to download the same torren with another program I turned out that one of the files had a 'strange' character in de filename. The letter ü

Don't know if it can be of any help to one of you, but it dit to me....

Rein

• Calf
Re: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

Experiencing the same problem with bittorrent after a firmware-upgrade to version 1.60, I finally found a solution that is likely to solve your problems too.

Some time ago a guy named Shonk started a great job by modifying Buffalo's firmware, including version 1.60 which seems to be the last firmware version for the LS-CH1.0TL-V2, because this model is presently to be found under "discontinued products" (yes indeed, this is questionable support). Shonk even modified  further versions of the firmware, meant for other models, and tested it for proper operation on a number of devices, including the LS-CHL v2. At the time of writing this reply, he arrived at version 1.64 mod1a.

I installed the last mentioned firmware (with fingers crossed) on my Linkstation, and yes, it turned out to be working like never before! Not only bittorrent is working now as in the old days, but various other features have been added (for instance I can't remember to have seen the SqueezeBox server in previous official firmware), or have a newer version (like TwonkyMedia server). You can read all about this here:

http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=23603

The download link mentioned on that page didn't work for me, however this one did:

http://download.discountnetz.com/oxygenacht/ls_series-164-mod1a.zip

I would be happy to learn from you whether this turns out to be THE solution. If so, I suggest to erect a statue for Shonk.

Good luck.

ghz

• Calf
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2013, 04:18:16 AM »

Just seen that Buffalo is uploading firmware version 1.65 for the LS series after their last release of 1.64 back in Dec 2012. According to the release notes there are no changes to the BT client. I hope it will not be the case...

Have you already tried this version?

Release notes: here

bluebrad

• Calf
Re: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2015, 12:17:16 AM »
Was there ever a fix?
i have LS-WV4.0TL/R1 with 1.71 os
JS error: [778] TypeError: lang is null
no torrent will load
lost all current downloads?
and tried resting the torrent app no success