Author Topic: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update  (Read 75415 times)

Guyver111

• Calf
Re: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2012, 01:34:20 AM »

@davo

Did you get the Link i send you work?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2012, 05:49:27 AM »

yes, that worked also, sorry for not replying.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Guyver111

• Calf
« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2012, 07:13:10 AM »

Did you test it from a terastation with 1.57 Firmware?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #183 on: October 26, 2012, 07:26:42 AM »

Yes and LS-CHL (1.60) and CS-WVL (1.13)

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Guyver111

• Calf
« Reply #184 on: October 26, 2012, 07:48:19 AM »

okey...., very suspect.

I will try this weekend again with the utorrent

BeijingBT

• Calf
« Reply #185 on: October 26, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »

This is indeed very strange.

I'd wish someone would figure out what the issue is. There is no doubt about the fact that there is an issue and not an isolated event considering all the reports.

Since torrent downloads works from my home-computer but not from the NAS, just as reported from others as well, then I guess we can rule out issues with the service provider.

I wonder if anyone in buffalos support or R&D team have been able to replicate the problem.

If not, then we need to help them see the problem. My guess is that they should have been able to see the problem since it seems to be so wide-spread.

BR

Swan

• Calf
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2012, 05:02:32 AM »

Just bought a new LS. The same problem as all others in this thread, Bittorrent doesn't work with general torrents.

Why is not Buffalo addressing this issue? It is a major flaw.

The repeated requests for set-up info from the Buffalo guys at this thread is irrelevant - many have the same problem, Buffalo should solve it NOW.

/Swan

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2012, 02:38:32 PM »
Ask for your money back as it doesn't work as advertised!

Ill never buy another buffalo product again! Shocking its been months since this problem was reported!

Freeman

• Calf
« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2012, 10:23:13 PM »

Dear robigouk,

Have you success in asking the money back.

The wholesaler in Hong Kong said that BT may not be working, after I have brought the unit, and say that it is normal.

The did not give me back the money.

Freeman

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2012, 04:39:20 AM »
mine was over 12 month old so I couldn't :( I suppose on your local law, here in the UK we have trading standards who I'm sure would be interested in a manufacturer like Buffalo advertising a product that doesn't do what it says it does. Instant Money back.

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2012, 04:56:16 AM »

Just bought a new LS. The same problem as all others in this thread, Bittorrent doesn't work with general torrents.

Why is not Buffalo addressing this issue? It is a major flaw.

The repeated requests for set-up info from the Buffalo guys at this thread is irrelevant - many have the same problem, Buffalo should solve it NOW.

/Swan

What is the firmware on the unit, also can you post the torrent link that doesn`t work for you?

BeijingBT

• Calf
Torrent client updated on other models
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2013, 07:08:48 AM »

Hi,

I've been "contributing" to this thread several times and been "shut down" by admins stating that they get it to work and that there is no problem.

At the same time I've seen in a lot of other (newer) threads that Buffalo updated the client in other firmwares due to the issues that we are experiencing on the LS-CHxxL devices, namely that the torrent client identifies itself with an old version number which is banned from most trackers.

Have Buffalo stopped supporting this model?

IF so, where is the End Of Sales / End Of Support statements and lifecycle descriptions?

At least in Australia there are several consumer laws which holds the manufacturer responsible for making sure that the products provides the functionality state in the advertisement, that is obviously not provide in this case if seen from the users perspective.

Is there any plan to update the firmware (1.60 was a major fiasco and the critical bugs related have not been fixed even if the release was done 6 months ago).

Zarquon

• Calf
Re: Torrent client updated on other models
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »

You have to understand that from their point of view, the device works fine - at least mine and many others do.  I appreciate that doesn't help you, but if your situation is one of a relatively few number of users and a larger number of users are working fine, then the problem may just lie elsewhere.  My firmware is 1.56 - it stopped working once for a few days and started working again without anything at my end being changed and has been fine ever since.  Really sorry I can't be of any help.

BeijingBT

• Calf
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2013, 04:42:10 AM »

This is not a problem that affects a relatively few, it is something that affects everyone who try to access a private tracker that does not approve of torrent clients which are old and outdated. It will affect EVERYONE that uses the same hardware / firmware as I am using. And based on the number of replies in this thread I'd say that its a wide-spread problem that should not be neglected of waiwed as "irrelevant background noise".

I read in a number of other threads that this problem had been resolved in other buffalo products (newer version of the torrent client installed)

This means not only that it is a confirmed problem but also that Buffalo has actively choose what user groups to ignore and which ones they continue to support.

UnProfessional organizations have a lifecycle plan which they follow. Unfortunately buffalo does not seem to be one of them even if they are dealing with senstive storage solutions..

Guyver111

• Calf
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2013, 03:09:36 PM »

@BeijingBT

Forget it, while the mods here seem to at least seem to care a little i think that Buffalo as a whole doesn't seem to care a bit.

I had this problem with both my Linkstation (about 4 years old) and my Terastation (have it for about 1 year) for a long time and no Firmware Update helped on any of them.

As far as i'm concerned Buffalo is on my "Buy Never Again From" list.

You pay much money and get lowest-end hardware.