Author Topic: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update  (Read 75402 times)

marcelve

• Calf
Re: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »

And the problem is back again.

After having worked again for a while, now no downloads, even with loads of peers etc.

trezemauro

• Calf
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »

same as me. I'm waiting a feedback from buffalo support, sent to them a dump almso 1 week ago.

trezemauro

• Calf
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2012, 03:57:43 AM »

Who knows what version of torrent is installed on our NAS?

BeijingBT

• Calf
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2012, 08:28:50 AM »

Any news on this topic?

Torrents are still not working and no firmware has been released?

I know that it has been requested by the users to vote for the features in the ideas exchange thread. 

However, many users might not fully realize how to do this or have taken the time to do so.

None the less, there is a good reason for why this thread has 17 pages and still growing. Its because there is a real problem that affects many users.

One could argue that this is a defect rather than a feature request but I guess the technical guy who sees everything from a pure logical point of view rather than from a customer service and satisfaction point of view might see things differently.

Anyway, by the end of the day it comes down to what kind of reputation Buffalo wants to build for themselves. Do you want to be a company who just sells the boxes and treat customers in a way were they'll end up just passing on a bad rep or customers who actually become returning customers and refers your products to others?

Guyver111

• Calf
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2012, 05:01:25 AM »

Sadly you get the feeling that Buffalo doesn't care about normal end-users.

I just looked through the Idea Lounge, and if you take every request concerning Utorrent together (request for Updates or features from newer Utorrent Version) you get at least over a 100 Kudos.

It should be more, but i believe that nearly no one knows the Idea Lounge System.

At least i didn't know about it till it was pointed out to me.

My Idea für the Update to a stable Version of Utorrent only got 18 Kudos, since i postet it nearly 6 weeks ago (one even from a MOD).

Maybe Buffalo wants us to change to their competition?

At least drmemory is trying to help us.

@ghz

Thx for the Info, from that it looks like Buffalo likes to use BETA utorrent clients sind the B in UE210B stands for BETA just like in UT300B.

Maybe our only chance for a clean working torrent client is, like Hooner said, to root the Station and install our own client....

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2012, 05:48:14 AM »
well maybe we should all ask for our money back if we've had less than 12 months.. as it's no longer doing something it's mean too?

BeijingBT

• Calf
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2012, 08:11:09 AM »

Asking for the money back is a slow and agonising process. The warranty conditions are extremely limited in the favor of the vendor. (Unreasonably so?)

Its probably a lot more "effective" to talk to the various local IT magazine journalists. Like the guys at pcmag, cnet and pcworld.

Samara Lynn (pcmag; http://www.pcmag.com/author-bio/samara-lynn

Matthew D Sarrel (pcmag: http://www.pcmag.com/author-bio/matthew-d.-sarrel)

Elias Plastiras (pcworld: http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/author/1116437436/elias-plastiras/articles)

Jon l Jacobi (cnet uk: http://www.cnet.co.uk/search/jon+l.+jacobi.htm

- are a small selection of persons to talk to. 

Even making some sincere and honest comments on customer review sections at places like amazon and e-bay could be seen as our duty as good citizens. Comments and opinions stated off course does not need to be limited to consumer products from buffalo. Our bad experience with this issue goes beyond a technical one and includes customer service and attentivness. Making comments for high-end, high-profit and business crucial products is just as relevant (perhaps even more relevant than for these specific consumer level products given that customer service is even more important then).

Dropping some notes to the competitors marketing / product marketing departments might also help aid other customers make better decisions in their future purchases.

Anyway, I still hope that we won't need to come to that and that the good guys and girls at buffalo comes through and solves these issues. But I must admit that my hope is running out. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2012, 03:46:30 AM »

FYI: Torrent magnet links are downloading successfully on all my Nas's.

LS-CHL Linkstation Live: 1.60 FW:

http://i46.tinypic.com/vhgh8n.png

TS-XL Terastation III: 1.57 FW

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lndafm.jpg

CS-WVL Cloudstation: 1.13 FW

http://i49.tinypic.com/11llici.png

So obviously the torrent service is working.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Zarquon

• Calf
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2012, 06:28:28 AM »

Mine works fine too - while I did have some issues for a week or so, I didn't change anything, and it all just started working :)

Guyver111

• Calf
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2012, 01:47:13 PM »

Nice to know that for you two it works, but there are those who got problems with the uTorrent Client.

And i for one believe that the problem may lie in the version of the utorrent-Client that is used by Buffalo.

The Client tells the Tracker, "hello i am BT300B".

The Tracker checks his list list of Clients and see's that BT300B is a Beta Client and is not allowed an the tracker.

The Tracker tells the Client "Sorry but i don't talk with Beta Clients"

So were hoping that Buffalo would be nice enough to update the torrent client to a stable/update version, which has in one way or another been requested a hundred times or more already in the Idea Lounge

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2012, 03:29:17 AM »

Guyver111 wrote:

Nice to know that for you two it works, but there are those who got problems with the uTorrent Client.

And i for one believe that the problem may lie in the version of the utorrent-Client that is used by Buffalo.

The Client tells the Tracker, "hello i am BT300B".

The Tracker checks his list list of Clients and see's that BT300B is a Beta Client and is not allowed an the tracker.

The Tracker tells the Client "Sorry but i don't talk with Beta Clients"

So were hoping that Buffalo would be nice enough to update the torrent client to a stable/update version, which has in one way or another been requested a hundred times or more already in the Idea Lounge

I'm using the same version as yourself so what does that tell you?

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Guyver111

• Calf
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2012, 05:23:49 AM »

It tells me that the Trackers you use don't care about the clients hat to connect to them.

But there are Trackers out there that do care about what kind of Clients (Leecher, Beta and so on) connect to them.

And those are blocking us because Buffalo uses a BETA client in their firmware.

And i for one didn't pay so much money for my NAS to be a BETA Tester.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2012, 05:45:34 AM »

OK so, send me a link for a torrent that you are using. I've tested nearly 50 links and they all are working.

BeijingBT

• Calf
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2012, 10:18:24 AM »

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8da47174c53b81d22857ee9eaa14c39dea3738f2&dn=The+Campaign+%282012%29+EXTENDED+DVDRip+XviD-COCAIN&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

or virtually any other torrent from tpb and all other majort trackers / search engine.

*admin* when posting, list your product and firmware revision please*

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2012, 10:58:59 AM »

The above torrent is working for me:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2po5e38.jpg