Author Topic: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update  (Read 75122 times)

evantanski

• Calf
Re: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 03:52:14 AM »

Try stopping and then re-starting the torrent application. That fixed the display problem for me.

Frostwire Free Download

andy_m

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »

I have tried restoring the nas and resetting all the settings i can find and nothing.

I have even tried restting the router and laptop but nothing works.

Buffalo tech don't respond to any e-mails and phoning them is hopless.

I think this is the last Buffalo product i buy as it is prooving to be a complete waste of money and time!

buffaloNASuser

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 05:46:32 AM »

Same problem of uTorrent not starting.

JS Error : [778] unable to get value of the property '262' : object is null or undefined

Tried : restore -- no luck , power off restart -- no luck ,

Force firmware update :
change LSUpdater.ini with [Flags] version check = 0

changed LSUpdater linkstatiion_version.ini with dates changed under

INITRD=2011/12/09 16:10:41 to newer date

ROOTFS=2011/12/09 17:10:36 to newer date

Firmware started and completed successfully

System restarted

Problem remained same as before i.e. Still "JS Error : [778] unable to get value of the property '262' : object is null or undefined"

RAID remained OK , no loss in data , BT setup still "Enable" instead of "Disable"

Need to have a immediate firmware to overwrite uTorrent complete setup to recover the error in javascript. 

ralfy

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 09:55:33 AM »
Similar problem as Turbochimp, for LS-CH2.0TL-V2 Firmware 1.56 Torrent speed is fine, then a few days or weeks later, it slows down. When I disable, initialize, and enable the Bittorrent, the speed goes back to normal. Unfortunately, I have to reload the torrent trackers to the queue, and Bittorrent has to recheck the files before resuming downloads.

ralfy

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 10:01:56 AM »
I forgot to add that I had to backup the torrent tracker files to another folder because they are erased when Bittorrent is initialized.

maleitch

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 10:46:33 PM »

Add me to the list of frustrated users with the  Cannot read property '262' of null issue, although mine was introduced at an earlier patch.

Resetting to factory default fixes nothing.

Also, this an issue with the uTorrent web gui

Finally I have no problem using torrents with a normal client on my windows machine, it is just my linkstation that has the issue, although it used to work great.

Come on Buffalo, this has been going on for months.  Take care of it for once and all.

rogie

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »

Add me too.

I have 3 2tb linkstations and none of them work.

Resetting them each time I want to use this function is not the answer.

It’s like buying an all in one printer scanner fax and finding the scanner doesn’t work not.

Come on Buffalo Sort this out please, my faith in you is fast running out!

Oh and please could you reply to at least let us know you are real.

Essway

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 04:29:48 AM »

Upgraded my firmware to 1.60 from 1.54 (or 1.56 cannot remember) and as a result Bittorrent completely stopped working.

SAme problem as others seem to have JS error: [778] Unable to get value of the property '262': object is null or undefined?"

Have reset the LS, restarted, power down up etc, etc

Is there a possibility to back the firmware to the previous again in some way.

Kind of **bleep**ty that it works like this and others seem to have reported this earlier but nothing seem to happen.

Anyone with some solution to this other than the round bin?

DickeFix

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 08:30:11 AM »

Had exactly the same problem today after updating to firmware 1.60. I then found out that it is only magnet links that don´t work - torrent files still work OK. I went back to version 1.56 by forcing it to downgrade but still got the same problem.  So maybe it is not due to the 1.60 firmware.

I remember that magnet links originally didn´t work in the Buffalo bittorrent. Then it suddenly started to work beginning of March without any upgrade! Another user, steveianson noted the same at the same time here:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/torrent-client-not-work-with-magnet-link/td-p/93132/page/2

Maybe there is some external function that via Buffalo website converts magnet links to torrent files and that has stopped working. For me magnet links worked day before yesterday but not this morning.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »

Bit torrent working fine on my Linkstation LS-CHL V2 Firmware 1.60. See below link:

http://i46.tinypic.com/313oriw.jpg

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

DickeFix

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 09:58:34 AM »

Davo, does it work with magnet links also or only with torrent files?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »

Only .torrent files that ive saved to my desktop im afraid

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

chemic

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 02:05:15 PM »

Hallo, I've got same problem, after upgrade to 1.60 BT not work. I've tried restore my link station, but no result...

Does anyone know eny solution???

Thank you Pavel??

edit: torent file work normal, but magnetlink does not work  

Goon

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 04:21:26 PM »

Linkstation Live on firmware 1.60 here. Experiencing the same problem. Same error message reported in log files. Seems to only affect magnet links. Torrents still work fine. I have a Linkstation Live on version 1.57 in a different geographical location which is also doing the same. Other NAS drives on location by Synology and QNAP are unaffected, as previously stated, this seems to be something related to how Buffalo converts and processes the magnet links. No changes to either device. Was working fine two days ago then just suddenly stopped working. Issue still not resolved.

Bobbo

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 02:53:09 AM »

Hey all, just wanted to throw my hat in here - same issue as everyone else as of 2 days ago. Magnets have been working for months previously with no changes to the device or config. I have tried reinitializing bittorrent settings with no luck. Error in the logs is:

[08:49:50] JS error: [778] Unable to get value of the property '262': object is null or undefined

Only seems to affect magnet links - torrents seem to still be fine. Is anyone else currently able to get magnet links to work through the uTorrent WebUI? Just wondering at this stage if this is something specific to the Buffalo NAS drives or something related to the uTorrent WebUI. When I try the uTorrent client from a desktop PC on the network it downloads magnets just fine.

Cheers,

Bobbo