Author Topic: AD integration part working  (Read 1634 times)

brgsstm

• Calf
AD integration part working
« on: September 27, 2011, 09:52:24 AM »

Hi,

Finally managed to get the AD integration semi working by changing the name of my Terastation Pro Rackmount 8TB to NAS01 then added a static DNS entry to point at it.  I can now go to \\NAS01\IT_Dept and view within the shared folder I setup.  However, despite giving domain admins write permissions, I still cannot write to the folder logged in as a domain admin??

Anyone any ideas?  Hope this unit doesn't turn out to be the pile of **bleep** a quick google makes it out to be!!

Cheers

Tom

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: AD integration part working
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:18:03 AM »

What are the network settings that you chose on the TS, what server are you joining it to and what firmware version is the TS running on?

brgsstm

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:30:49 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I chose Active Directory.  I am joining it to the PDC in a 3 DC 2008R2 configuration using a dedicated domain admin account.  The TS is running the latest firmware, 1.01.

Cheers

Tom

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »

What settings did you choose for the share folder? Could you post a screen shot? Are you trying to assign permissions through the web interface? Have you tried changing the NTLM settings like it shows at this technet link?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954387