Author Topic: Problem with LS-XH2.0TL - red light blinking after trying to format the unit.  (Read 5415 times)

gic

• Calf
Re: Problem with LS-XH2.0TL - red light blinking after trying to format the unit.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »

Hi Jotin,

I understand that I emailed US technical support, since it was in the US where I purchased the Linkstation. The email was info@buffalotech.com, and the ??ticket number was?? 201253738.

BR,

gic

• Calf
Re: Problem with LS-XH2.0TL - red light blinking after trying to format the unit.
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »

Hi Jotin,

Customer support answered me to provide more information for the RMA two days ago, but I didn't get answer from them. Is there anything you can do? I'm worried about if Buffalotech would honor the warranty or not.

BR,

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »

PM me the RMA number and I'll see what I can do. This is for the USA correct?

sergioi

• Calf

Hi, today my LS-XH2.0TL just had this same problem. I was able to make all the steps but after flashing my unit, same problem again. 6 blinking red lights.

I bought my unit in NY City in Nov 7th 2010, so it has just past a year of the warranty, very luck I am! 

Please some one give me any options, for me the most important thing is to recover some data from the hard drive, I already saw that the default File System is XLS(Something like that) and it maybe mountable inside a Linux, is this true? I am not a hard Linux user, but I can try it on an old computer here. Does anybody know a link that shows how to disassemble the unit to get the HD out?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Sérgio