Author Topic: CloudStor : Array Error with healthy drives  (Read 1650 times)

thombliss

• Calf
CloudStor : Array Error with healthy drives
« on: September 30, 2011, 04:36:10 PM »

We've had the CloudStor for close to a year.  We had a problem where the array was listed has having an error, but both drives showed healthy (under the Local Settings > Storage menu).   When we tried to copy data over, it would freeze the CloudStor, and crash it.  I formatted both drives, reinstalled the firmware, and everything was looking great. I was happy that it appeared to be working after many weeks of working to get it back.  

Then I plugged in the second drive to reenable our RAID1.  It booted back up ok, asked if I wanted mirror or independant, I chose mirror.  It formatted the drive and did its check.  Everything looked good.  Then I refresh the page, and the same error is back:  Array has an error, but both drives are healthy.

I will wait until all our data is recopied onto the drive, remove the second drive, then reformat it, and rebuild the array.   Besides this, any other suggestions?  I know now not to reformat both drives at once, but I need to have this problem resolved ASAP.  It is holding up our business operations when we are unable to easily connect our two remote offices.  Appreciate any help!