Author Topic: Webaccess no longer working  (Read 1560 times)

LSHER

• Calf
Webaccess no longer working
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »

Hi,

When i initailly setup my webaccess on my Linkstation Pro it worked fine . www.buffallonas/ "my user name"

Then i had to change my webaccess user name which i did .

Now the new username wont allow webaccess .

It looks like its trying to connect , when i enter www.buffallonas/" my new user name"  it shows my home I.P on connection but then hangs .

When i try my old user name it tells me that its in use and wont allow me to revert back or save. in the webaccess settings.

Everything looks fine in the setup and everything is activated .

Any help welcome .

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Webaccess no longer working
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:45:55 AM »
If it shows your home IP:port number but doesnt allow connection then you havent forwarded the port correctly on the router. Am i correct in assuming that web access is working locally from inside your home network and its only not working when you try to connect to it from else where?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

LSHER

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 12:14:26 PM »
Yes you correct it is connecting whilst I'm at home a connecting locally.

But remember it was working fine til I changed my buffalo nas name ?

What ports would have changed and what ports should I now be looking at opening ?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »

Post a screen shot of your web access settings and i will tell you. Dont forget to remove your buffalonas.com name and key before posting it!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

LSHER

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 02:21:33 PM »
I have it sorted.

It seems if your change your webaccess name and not the external port number aswell then the the new name won't pass the auto upnp firewall using the old external port number?

You have to disable the auto configure for upnp firewall then save , then go back in when external port number revs , then save again .