Author Topic: Shares not working  (Read 5761 times)

Holdcard

• Calf
Shares not working
« on: September 30, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »

I can see my shares, but not access them. 

I can make new ones, but not access them.

I thought my data was safe on the Buffalo system, I was wrong. Tech support says I'm toast.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, 

Holdcard

Message Edited by Holdcard on 09-30-2008 03:39 PM

bluegeek9

• Calf
Re: Shares not working
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 11:04:19 PM »

Could you provide more information? 

Which model unit do you have? 

What do you me when you say you can see the share but you can not access them?  Where are you seeing them?  Are they in the web configuration page of the LinkStation?  Are you able to see the share folders via Windows File and Printer sharing, but not able to open them?  What error message if any do you have when you try to access the data?

Holdcard

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 06:44:48 AM »

I can see the shares in windows explorer, in the terestation configuraton. even drop to dos using the // IP I can see the shares. I just can't access them. I've checked the permissions frome the control panel and they all seem to be fine. I've created new shares and can not access them either. The "Info" share that comes with the terastation can be read.

Model number

HD-H1.OTGL/R5

Thanks,

Holdcard

Message Edited by Holdcard on 10-01-2008 06:49 AM

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:49:32 AM »

Update the firmware from buffalotech.com

If you are running the latest firmware please force flash it via the instructions on the link below. 

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=5032#M277

Holdcard

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »

If you clicked on the solution, it was to give up.

I had actually done the firmware upgrade (forced it). I finally gave up and just deleted and reinstalled the array. Lost everything. I was told this was the only backup I needed due to the raid system. Won't make that mistake again.

I'm rebuilding from what backups I made before I got the Terastation, quit making them a year ago when I thought I was covered.

Thanks for all the help,

Holdcard

Message Edited by Holdcard on 10-02-2008 10:03 AM