Author Topic: CloudStor New Firmware and Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine  (Read 3147 times)

PRPechek

• Calf
CloudStor New Firmware and Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine
« on: August 29, 2011, 01:15:14 PM »

Friends,

I announced on July 28th that we were going to add some new features to the CloudStor as well as fix the Time Machine issues:

CloudStor:

The CloudStor will not get an update to resolve this issue until August 29th, and I am sorry about that.  I will however tell you why (and also give you a sneak peek).  We have been developingan update to the CloudStor with a host of really cool new features.  Because we are a month away from updating the whole firmware package, the engineers are unable to put out a Betabecause there would be a whole host of things that would no longer work or work poorly.  Here are a couple of things that will go into the new firmware to, hopefully, hold you over:

RSS support for BitTorrent

New GUI

Private and Public Shares

Designate Multiple Users

USB Drive Support

Unfortunately, due to the time it took to resolve some bug fixes, the firmware has slipped to the week of Sept 12th.  However, because of our commitment to a Time Machine fix for the CloudStor on Aug. 28th, I forced Engineering to issue a beta for the CloudStor with the Time Machine fix in place.  You can find it here: http://bit.ly/qAJDz7  

Sorry for the delay!

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

Office 512.349.1333 | Mobile 512.739.7275

11100 Metric Blvd Ste. 750 | Austin, TX 78758

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

Follow us, and join the discussion!

facebook.com/buffalotech

twitter.com/buffalotech 

forums.buffalotech.com

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: CloudStor New Firmware and Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:41:59 PM »

Thanks for the update.

Can you elaborate on the USB drive support? Does it just mean you can backup to a USB HDD or would it be you can attach a particular USB device to the Cloudstor and any PC on the network can access it?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »

Yes on both counts.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »

Thanks for the info :-)

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

patt_itt

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:15:48 AM »

Finally, the week of September 12th is here. My CloudStor will get a BIG update. Woo Hoo!!!

StarrWulfe

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:56:59 AM »

...and its about to be gone too...

Incidentially, with this firmware update allow me to see the media on the other hard drive I have plugged into the USB port on the web?  I have my original 1TB HDD plugged in, and I'd rather have that one show up as well with all my media on it, than to copy all over again... 

...we're still getting that update this week, right?

psternklar

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »

ETA????

kfische01

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 05:52:44 AM »

I tired to email Jay late last week and got no response to when to expect this update.  I'm not sure if he is even reading these messages, but it is becoming very furstrating in paying out money for a product and are given the understanding that an update is coming including a timeframe.  Then nothing, but silence. 

s3cur3

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:05 AM »

I would also appreciate an update on the status of this...

cgartner

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »

Jay doesn't return e-mails or phone calls as I've found out.  I had considered purchasing Buffalo Technology prodcucts in the past for my business prior to buying a CloudStor Pro but always ended up going elsewhere.  Unfortunately, even with the poor review of this unit from cnet.com I bought one hoping for the best.  My CloudStor Pro has been such a disappointment and has cost me literally days of time between initial set-up and attempting to keep it working.  It constantly turns off by itself and has now ruined two brand new Seagate 2TB drives.  This long anticipated and, again delayed, massive firmware upgrade evidently remains a work in progress.  The CloudStor Pro is just a piece of **bleep** and should never have been released to the public.  If you are considering its purchase - STAY AWAY from it.  I will never buy another product from these goofy people.

hvelez

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 07:44:50 AM »

They are goofy. It is too bad. I was planning on buying a pro. Probably not now.

psternklar

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »

Is this update still in the works or has it been killed?  Thanks for the reply.

StarrWulfe

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »

looks like my last comment got taken out... But it doesn't matter... we have the latest firmware update finally.  Seems to be working great-- all I needed was to be able to see my USB connected 1TB Segate drive in addition to the Buffalo 1TB already there.  Awesome!

ajschaye

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »

Can you post a link to the new firmware.  I have a CloudStor Pro and a computer running Mac OS 10.7.  I cannot seem to find the firmware or any way to update the firmware and now my laptop no longer recognizes my clourdstor.