Author Topic: TerraStation Pro Permissions corrupted?  (Read 1564 times)

Vibe-guy

• Calf
TerraStation Pro Permissions corrupted?
« on: August 26, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »
TS-HTGL/R5 F/W 1.33

This TeraStation is on a corporate network but is only used by my local group.
Most computers that access the TerraStation run XP, but two are Unix based.

We have a TeraStation Pro to store data and lately several of the folders have been denying me write access.  The access restrictions, as set by the Buffalo GUI, are set for Read/Write for admin only and I am logged in as Admin. 

However, when accessing the problem folders and doing a right click>properties>security tab, the Admin group is not listed, but 2 others that I created are listed.  However, when I use the Buffalotech GUI interface to list the groups, only Admin has any access rights.  I have tried removing the access rights and restoring them, but this didn't work.

Something else that is curious is that under the Shared Folders menu (where all the folders are listed with descriptions) the descriptions are out of sequence.  That is, the "Shared Folder Names" do not correspond with the "Shared Folder Description".  Not sure if these are related.

How can I reset these permissions?

I am not a computer guy so please go slow.

Vibe-guy

• Calf
Re: TerraStation Pro Permissions corrupted?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »

Bump

Vibe-guy

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 09:49:03 AM »

Bump

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »
Reset the unit via the GUI (Maintanence -> Initalization -> Restore Terastation) Once done unmap any network share on the PC, reboot the PC and try and access (\\IPOfNas\Sharename) does it allow you access? (Leave the access restrictions disabled for the time being)
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Vibe-guy

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:11 PM »

Thanks for the response.  Will this erase the data?  I just want to know what to expect.