Author Topic: Linkstation HS-DH500GL - Can't connect, can't upgrade  (Read 7185 times)

agnetman

• Calf
Linkstation HS-DH500GL - Can't connect, can't upgrade
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:00:20 AM »

LS HS-DH500GL boots and gets a DHCP assigned IP address. Thereafter I have no connectivity to it except an ICMP echo reply, no ports open or responding. I have followed the instructions here http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=8047#M277 to force a firmware upgrade but no device is found on the network.

Any ideas or suggestions please?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation HS-DH500GL - Can't connect, can't upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 05:38:24 AM »
   Attach it directly to a PC with a network cable and manually assign an IP address in the TCP/IP properites of your network card, once done deavticate all AV and firewall SW and then run the updater.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 01:22:40 PM »
Davo's suggestion is definitely worth a shot. Also, make sure you have the correct firmware update. What is the filename of the update you downloaded (the zip file)?

agnetman

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »

Laptop connected to a switch.

Laptop statically configured 192.168.1.1

Laptop running DHCP daemon.

Linkstation connected to switch.

No anti-virus of firewall running.

Linkstation gets address 192.168.1.2

Laptop can ping Linkstation.

Downloaded and extracted HS-Firmware-149.zip

Ran HS-DGL FWUpdate.exe

A Linkstation is not connected.

Any other ideas please?

tanjl

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »

Your header states its a Linkstation Live 500gb (HS-DH500GL).

Your text states that its a Linkstation Gigabit (HS-DGL).

You are trying to upgrade a Linkstation Live by using a Linkstation Gigabit firmware, it will not work.

Re-confirm your model again by looking at the Buffalo product.

If it is a Linkstation Live mode, then download the appropriate firmware for it.

Try not to go thru a switch when upgrading the firmware.

Do it directly from the Buffalo unit connected to a Computer.

If your Linkstation is not statically configured, then you will likely get a default IP.

You can easily see this default IP when after the Linkstation has booted up and running the NAS Navigator software.

Once you see the IP, configure your Computer to match the IP range of the Linkstation.

Then you can proceed to update the Linkstation. 

mboonpr

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 11:41:32 PM »
   Try installing firmware 2.11 from http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/?HS-DHGL_211_101b.zip.  It really helped me.  I could not access my HS-DH500GL for a week.  Thought I lost everything.

kallekula

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 11:43:08 AM »
   Hi , how did you manage to upgrade ? I'm trying to upgrade myself but the LSUpdater crasches on me every time I run it. I'm running Vista with wireless access to the LinkStation. Might that be the problem ?? Found another version of the LSUpdater on the ftp but haven't tried out that yet.

mboonpr

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 10:17:22 PM »
   I use Windows XP OS.  Connect the HS-DH500GL directly to my laptop using an Ethernet cable.  Make sure the IP Address addresses for the LinkStation and PC are on the same subnet.  The LSUpdater.exe runs fine this way.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 12:56:44 PM »
Also, make sure you disable your wireless connection before running the updater. Having the wireless connection enabled seems to cause the crash.