Author Topic: Can't reset admin password for Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL  (Read 88817 times)

shekar_chand

• Calf
Re: Can't reset admin password for Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »

Hit the same issue today after upgrading my LS-CH2.0TL firmware (which was forced upon and a real challenge to install ) to 1.6. Tried using acp_commander, telnet wouldn't connect and and not sure if they use th same port.

Cant believe that LS team have still had this issue after over an year and now I cannt access the shared folders on my LS. Real annoyed but just holding my patience to find a fix.

I am gonna call the support tomorrow. fingers crossed.

DanMason

• Calf
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2012, 05:50:53 PM »

Here's the link to the recovery file. If it helps anyone.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhYbUpRT01vQUpnRXNUQw

ianm

• Calf
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2012, 03:19:06 AM »

Sorry if this is stating the obvious but with acp_commander the problems I have encountered are:

Firmware update - changes dhcp and therefore IP address.

Find it works best if I turn off my PC's firewall while it is connecting.

shekar_chand

• Calf
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »

Thanks very much DanMason. LSRecovery file saved and made my day. I thought I lost my drive untill I tried LSRecovery, All I needed was getting an access to the admin web page. Thanks a ton again

tech_junky

• Calf
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »

Hi, Im having the same admin password problem after upgrading firmware. Could you upload that file agian please? Buffalo help desk still dont publish a fix. Many thanks. 

DanMason

• Calf
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »

Try this link. I've hosted it somewhere else this time, hoping it'll stay online forever more!

Can someone let me know if this downloads ok. Thanks.

http://www.2lk.com/view/LSRecovery.zip

Frode

• Calf
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2012, 07:03:03 AM »

Hi, I have been looking for a way to reset my admin password and found the following site:

http://buffalo-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10946/p/31,33,3656

It worked as specified for my Buffalo NAS - hope it will help you too.

Regards,

Frode

tech_junky

• Calf
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2012, 04:40:32 AM »

Cant thank you enough. It fixed my problem straight away, without the need to follow tech support and completely wipe the partition table and start again. Dan you LEGEND!.

The tech team whree very helpful but where unable to provide me with the LSRecovery file, aparently Japanese head quarters have forbidden its distrubtion...which i guess i can understand. As it can reset any NAS boxes admin password.

regards

DanT

DanMason

• Calf
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2012, 04:51:41 AM »

Glad to help tech_junky. Happy it worked for you. Hmm..think you're right. Buffalo obviously can't sanction it's distribution, but hopefully they'll se it's helping people out. Please note, anyone reading this and considering using this file, be aware of my caviat – use it at your own risk. I must repeat what the tech support told me that it was made for a very spefific combination of firmware, OS etc and only suitable to my situation. Having said that, it's helped many others. Anyway, don't blame me is all I'm saying. Cheers!

thada1

• Calf
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2013, 03:33:29 PM »

Another satisfied tech forum browser!  Thanks Dan for lsrecovery - my disk full of data backups now available again!  Can't believe a power outage caused my admin password to get reset.

DanMason

• Calf
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2013, 03:36:08 PM »

Yay! Glad to hear it. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I get these messages! :) Great news.

billy192

• Calf
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2013, 04:40:10 PM »

Dan

I have downloades your update file how do I run it please?

My NAS went into EM mode. I followed instructions to upgrade firmware to 1.60 and now the password will not be accepted and the default will not work either.  I can see the HDD in the NASNavigator. All the data appears to still be intact, however I cannot get past this password problem.  When I try to map the drive I get the error: Failed mapping. Remote default share is missing.  I saw where a few others had this issue and were sent a file to fix their issue. 

Thanks

Billy

zackloy

• Calf
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2013, 11:28:34 AM »

I have the exact same problem as Billy. EM mode - updated firmware to 1.6, was asked for admin password - problem. I cannot access my LS-CHL V2 now as I can't login at all as all attempts end with an authentication error. I've tried the function button to try to reset the LS to default password settings numerous times without any success. Tried getting the LS back to EM mode - no success. I'm out of ideas. Please help.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »

zackloy wrote:

I have the exact same problem as Billy. EM mode - updated firmware to 1.6, was asked for admin password - problem. I cannot access my LS-CHL V2 now as I can't login at all as all attempts end with an authentication error. I've tried the function button to try to reset the LS to default password settings numerous times without any success. Tried getting the LS back to EM mode - no success. I'm out of ideas. Please help.

Use this file to recover the unit.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

zackloy

• Calf
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2013, 12:13:59 PM »

Thanks! My drive is accessible again. Truly appreciated your help.