Author Topic: No available LinkStation is found: LS-CH1.0TL  (Read 7637 times)

canonis

• Calf
No available LinkStation is found: LS-CH1.0TL
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »

I just received the LinkStation Live 1TB with Model #: LS-CH1.0TL

After installing the software from the CD and the updated "Buffalo NAS Client Utility Ver1.00" I am unable to see the LinkStation on my network.

The NASNavigator2 software reports this error: "No available LinkStation is found."

The LinkStation is connected to my router correctly with tested ethernet cables and the ethernet lights are blinking on the router showing a connection.  The LinkStation LED is a solid blue color.  On boot up of the LinkStation, it will display a orange and purple light temporarily but then go to solid blue and remain blue.

My Verizon router (MI424-WR) lists an unnamed device at IP 192.168.1.4.  I am unable to telnet or ping it or view that in a browser.

Any ideas what to try next?

canonis

• Calf
Re: No available LinkStation is found: LS-CH1.0TL
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 01:17:34 PM »
   Screenshot of Undetected Linkstation

ScottP

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »

If you are running any kind of firewall or secuirty applications on your computer, try disabling them temporarily during the setup, as they can block the NAS Navi utility from time to time.

The device you found via the router page... does the router show the devices' MAC address?  If so, compare it to the MAC address sticker on the linkstation itself.  If it IS the right MAC address, but you can't get into the web management page, it could be a firmware problem - flashing the firmware may help as long as the updater can find it. 

canonis

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »

Thanks for the MAC address tip ScottP.  Unfortunately it was the MAC address of my older, now broken, Fantom NAS that I am replacing with this Buffalo NAS.

The LinkStation's MAC address does not appear on my router.  Both the router and the LinkStation show actively blinking lights on their ethernet ports.

I've disabled my Windows firewall (and even my router firewall) but still I can't get it to detect the LinkStation.

iftikar666

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 03:09:59 PM »

Hiya

I had a similar problem with my LS-CH1.0TL - are you trying to find it via wireless or are you using a wired connection?

canonis

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 08:20:33 PM »
   I am using a wired connection.  Any other thoughts or ideas?  I think my LinkStation may be defective :(