Author Topic: Can't access storage  (Read 5395 times)

Bosshorn

• Calf
Can't access storage
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:46:36 AM »

I have a model LS-CH1.0TL.  I noticed a repeated file folder "share on LinkStation (Ls-chlca5) (2)".  It seemed to have most (but not all) of the files I had stored earlier so I decided to delete it.  I began deleting one file at a time from the duplicate NAS drive folder with no problem.  Then I began deleting 10-15 files at a time, then 30-40.  No problem up to this point.  I saved a few new files to the original NAS drive folder and went to bed.  The next morning and I could not access the NAS drive at all.  Instead I get the message "\\Ls-chlca5\share is not accessable.  You might not have permission to use this network resource.Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found."

I am not especially computer literate.  I run Windows XP Pro version 5.1 with a DLink wireless router.  No changes were made to the wireless system. 

How can I access the files that should still be on my NAS drive.

Thanks,

Gary

Bosshorn@aol.com

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Can't access storage
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »

Are you still able to see the unti with the NAS Navigator? what happens if you just power cycle the unit or even possibly reset it?

Bosshorn

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »

I have powered down the unit several times.  I can still see it using Windows Explore.  I don't know what or where NAS explore is.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »

It is called the Nas Navigator.

The Link to the software can be found here.

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/nasnavi-234wr.zip

Try this rset process and then run the application.

Please switch the unit to off and wait until the lights are off.

Hold the function button for 10 seconds while it is still off.

While still holding the function button after 10 seconds please flip the switch to on.

Once the function light begins to blink release the function button and press it again for one second.

Wait until the power light is solid and this will restore your unit.

This process will not delete any data and will only restore the admin password and set the IP address back to DHCP.

Bosshorn

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »

Thanks a bunch.  I seem to have lost a few files, but i can at least access my NAS drive now.  I appreciate it.