Author Topic: Buffalo TS1400 disk swap question  (Read 571 times)

Nakdimans

• Calf
Buffalo TS1400 disk swap question
« on: September 16, 2021, 01:38:17 AM »
Hi All,

An ask which I'm struggling with here... I've got a 4 bay Buffalo TS1400d which is running 4x 1TB drives running in RAID5.

I want to upgrade all the disks to 2TB, thus doubling capacity. I had a look online and the info suggests that I can do this, one disk at a time without losing any data (ignoring any disk failures during this process, fingers crossed eh?) .

I've dismounted one disk in the NAS and swapped it out for a 2TB, however the device isn't rebuilding the RAID using that disk and is just running in degraded mode Applinked. I can't find anything specifically relating to my use case online, which is frustrating.

I've set off a RAID scan through the buffalo user interface, but it still doesn't want to incorporate applinked the larger drive in to the array.

Worth pointing out that I am aware that the 2TB drive I've put in there will only have a working capacity of ~900GB because of the RAID config.

Any help appreciated...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 07:04:10 AM by Nakdimans »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Buffalo TS1400 disk swap question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 05:53:01 PM »
You can't upgrade the capacity without erasing the disks. End of.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!