Author Topic: HD-CE1.0TU2 Problems  (Read 2152 times)

squidink

• Calf
HD-CE1.0TU2 Problems
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »

Hi,

Over christmas I purchased a HD-CE1.0TU2 while on holiday to store my photos. I loaded a few GB of photos and music but after that The drive was not recognised my computer or any other computer I tried so I returned it to the store I purchased it from thinking I just got a dud drive.

The second one I recieved was working fine for about a week but after getting home and using it for a few days has just decided to do the same thing. I am one of these people that ALWAYS unmounts my hard drive to avoid this very situation but now I'm stuck with a non recognised hard drive(cant return to the original store) and over 500GB of holiday Photos, Videos, and Music stuck in limbo.

I also tried to download the cd image for the drive thinking that there might be something there to help me, I was told my SN was invalid.

Any ideas on this one, I'm kinda annoyed that I've had two of these dodgy drives and realy want to try and salvage my data.

Cheers,

Brendon

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: HD-CE1.0TU2 Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 12:29:49 PM »
I'm sorry for your troubles. I would first try the drive on another computer, and if that fails, contact a data recovery center. Are you using a Mac or PC?