Author Topic: Why it show I17 Error code for my LinkStation Quad Pro ?  (Read 4017 times)

anthonylam

• Calf
Why it show I17 Error code for my LinkStation Quad Pro ?
« on: August 20, 2011, 05:20:24 AM »

Yesterday, I just bought LinkStation Quad Pro? with 3 piece of new Segate Green 2000G? Harddisks.
Then, I try to update the firmwire to 1.54 and then create the RAID 5.  After RAID 5 is setup, I start to copy files to the NAS.  Suddently, the LED is flashing as amber ?color and show I17 error code in  NASNetvigator2 ?.

What is the root cause  ?  Does Resyncing? is required for new RAID 5 setup ?  How long should I wait ?

I have waited for 18 hours but it  still keeps flashing as amber ?color.     

Please advise. Thanks.

anthonylam

• Calf
Re: Why it show I17 Error code for my LinkStation Quad Pro ?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:33:24 AM »

As I just copy 150G to the NAS, I am thinking if I format the 3 HD and rebuild the RAID 5 again, should it be faster way to resolve this problem ? 

Or even I rebuild the RAID 5 again, the resyncing task must be happened for every new RAID 5 setup ?

?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Why it show I17 Error code for my LinkStation Quad Pro ?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 06:11:36 AM »

When you create a RAID it check the integrity of the RAID itself. This is normal and depending on the capacity of the unit can take upwards of 20 hours.

If you reboot the unit during this process it will have to start again from the beginning,

If is not recommended you put data on the unit until this check is completed. You will also see degraded performance of the device while it is doing this check.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!