Author Topic: Firmware upgrade failure leaves unit dead  (Read 983 times)

capcave

• Calf
Firmware upgrade failure leaves unit dead
« on: August 18, 2011, 03:31:23 AM »

I tried upgrading my HD-H1.0GL/R5? firmware about 2 years ago to 2.16 and it failed part way through the upgrade and I could not get back on to it to correct it. I am now trying to resurrect it. It was only used for a few months before the upgrade and should all be good.

On power up the the circular lights do the chase around for ages while the power light flashes constantly. after about 5 mins there is a loud click and the diag light starts flashing constantly red. At no point can I get the NavNavigator to see it (either through the LAN or direct into a laptop ethernet). If I power down and do an EM boot (hold INIT while powering on) I get a flashing red diag in synch with a flashing green power light and the disks then spend about 30 mins syncing (access lights for all four flashing randomly) after which the access light stop and I am left with the flashing red diag and power lights. I still cannot see the unit via the NavNavigator and there cannot find out if it even has an IP address.

Is there anyway I can connect to the unit and try to re-flash the firmware to get it all working again? possibly via the MAC address???