Author Topic: Can't initialize second HDD on LS-WVL.  (Read 5051 times)

dyp110625

• Calf
Re: Can't initialize second HDD on LS-WVL.
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 11:03:11 PM »

- Remove 2nd disk, Log in your NAS, restart NAS from there. After that disk 2 is emty.,

- Turn off NAS, install a non GPT disk (MBR is OK in my case), Turn NAS on.

- At this time your new hard drive will show in disk 2 and you will able to format disk 2.

Work on my case ls-wx, hope it will help.

KenZo101

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »

Hi, I just bought a new LS-QVL (Enclosure) and faced the same problem of unable to format a 2nd HDD. After much fidling around I found that following will help solve the problem.

1) Remove all HDD in the LS (Inlcuding your 1st HDD)

2) Put your LS into EM mode

(Hold Function Button while pressing On button. You should see that the both Power and Function button will start blinking. Press Fuction button again. Wait for awhile and you should see that all the HDD activities light turn red and NasNavigator show that LS is in EM mode)

3) Power off the LS and insert only the 2nd HDD (Dont put in the 1st HDD) into the 2nd slot

4) Power up the LS and enter to EM mode again using the procedure in step 2

5) Download the Firmware updater for yoru LS and update your LS. You may need to edit the LSUpdater.ini (using a text editer) to change the line "NoFormatting = 1" to? "NoFormatting = 0"? to force an format of your 2nd HDD.

6) Wait for awhile for the Firmware updater to format and initialise you 2nd HDD.

7) After firmware update completes, power off the LS and re-install your 1st HDD. a

8) Enjoy!

Hope that works..... it works for me at least.

Cheers!

wenlez

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 09:44:01 AM »

I have the same issue with my LS-WVL. I don't understand why it's like this. It's such a troublesome process to add a second hard drive!

wenlez

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »

Does that mean there will be a copy of the firmware on the 2nd HD as well? so there is no way to utilize the whole drive without wasting any space?

Then which firmware will the LS use when two of the drive are installed? will I loose my configs and settings?

bizmanila

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 06:28:36 PM »

I have the same problem. I started this thread so that Google will be able to search it.

Failed to opearate disk. Please resubmit after restart.

Adding a secondary disk should be as easy as inserting and booting. But it's not.