Author Topic: Installing 500GB External HD  (Read 3009 times)

cmmyers

• Calf
Installing 500GB External HD
« on: January 06, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »

This is Christoph Myers of New Berlin.  Before Christmas, my Dad gave me this External HD to use for school.  When I plugged it into my computer and turned it on everything said it was Ready to Use, but when I went into my Computer, there was no external drive.  I am installing it manually now, but I don't know your companies acronym under the device list.  It doesn't say Buffalotech, but there is a BTC acronym, and a device name of BTC Composite Device under BTC.  Every time I try to go to the next step, it tells me if the driver isn't compatible with my system, it could cause my system to not respond.

I need to know if that driver will do that because the device currently tries to screw up my computer by say Unknown device not responding. E-mail me at my road runner address as soon as you get this message because I've been on the phone for hours with your tech support, which still hasn't responded.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Installing 500GB External HD
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:42:22 AM »
   What OS are you using? XP and vista have the generic drivers built into the OS so you shouldnt have do any  "installation" per say. You should just connect, wait a minute for Windows to allocate the drivers and work away.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!