Author Topic: Reset uTorrent Web UI Password  (Read 3688 times)

gclarkey

• Calf
Reset uTorrent Web UI Password
« on: December 28, 2010, 05:08:21 AM »

Hi,

I have a LS-CHL39D 1.0tb, running fw 1.37.

I have exactly the same issue as this thread, except the solution doesnt work for me: http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Solved-Storage-Threads/Reset-%C2%B5Torrent-username-and-password/m-p/35567

My cause of the issue is the same, i blanked out the username of admin in the settings page, thinking that i wouldn't need to log into the interface anymore. However, this only cause me to not be able to log in at all.

I've tried initialising bittorrent settings, re-enabling the bittorrent extension, and logging in.

I've tried initialising bittorrent settings, doing a SOFT reset, re-enabling the bittorrent extension, and logging in.

I've tried initialising bittorrent settings, doing a HARD reset. re-enabling the bittorrent extension, and logging in.

I've also tried logging in to the webui with the linkstation admin password.

None of these have worked, as the soft reset did for the user in the linked post.

I tried to reflash with firmware 1.37, but the option to do so isn't available. I'm told the most recent version is already installed.

I've tried clicking on every option to find something to fix this, but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is an essential option for me, and renders the box useless until i can fix it :smileysad:

Thanks,

gclarkey.

MartinKurth

• Calf
Re: Reset uTorrent Web UI Password
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:07:23 AM »

And how did you fix it. Same problem here :smileysad:

gclarkey

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 02:29:19 AM »
I was able to find a way to reflash the firmware. In the process this obviously resets all your settings. I think i actually went up a level in firmware as i wasnt able to reflash with the same one. I'll check the versions when i am home tonight and get back to you. GC.

boogoo

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 08:35:48 PM »

I am actually surprised how poor buffalo support are.

Guy pointed into the problem few mouth ago and all he got is silent.