Author Topic: LS Duo Pro LS-WTGL/R1 loses network connectivity on one xp machine`  (Read 2476 times)

arraysystems

• Calf

1) Include the model number of your product. Buffalotech has a variety of Linkstations, Drivestations, and Terastations models. Different models have different feature sets.

LS-Wtgl/R1 485GB Raid1 7% full

2) Include the firmware revision.

3) Include information about your computer, network, etc.

small network (3 computers), connected through a router, static ip on LS(192.168.0.2), dynamic on computers.

4) More details are better than less details for people trying to help solve your issue.

Generally happens when viewing pictures in Thumbnail mode, only happens on one computer, we've replaced the NIC, NIC Drivers, mouse, and contacted tech support multiple times.  The explorer window will just go away.  What can we do to resolve this issue?

arraysystems

• Calf
Re: LS Duo Pro LS-WTGL/R1 loses network connectivity on one xp machine`
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:47:30 AM »
   Maybe I was too brief in my symptom description.  When I browse my MY PICTURES folder, which is mapped to the Buffalo DuoPro, after a few minutes 5-10, the folder will just disappear.  I go back and open it and it is still there.  I have a share on the Buffalo named DATA, when I am in the Explore mode, In MY PICTURES, after a few minutes of heavily browsing my photos, using thumbnail mode, it will drop me off in MY STUFF folder, as if it doesn't like something in the MY PICTURES folder.  Anyone?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS Duo Pro LS-WTGL/R1 loses network connectivity on one xp machine`
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:53:40 AM »

First of all update the firmware to 1.08 (1.02 is an old FW which did contain some bugs)

Secondly, once done attach the LS directly to the PC, set a static IP on the PC and see if you are having the same issues.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!