Author Topic: LS-XH2.0 not seen in Network  (Read 3492 times)

elcacho

• Calf
LS-XH2.0 not seen in Network
« on: August 10, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »

The company i work for bought a LS-XH2.0 to use as a backup drive and also to be able to acces data when abroad.

It was working while it was connected to Thomson TG585V8 modem.

Then the ISP changed our modem to  a Alcatel Lucent I-240 modem. Now the problem is that NASNAV does not recognize the NAS, and its also not visible on the network.

What i did so far:

1. Updated the NAS to firmware to 1.52 -> No result.

2. i went to the Alcatel modem's configuration, but i cannot see that the NAS is assigned an IP Adress.

3. I called the techsupport of Alcatel, but they said i have to concact Buffalo. (typical)

4. The NAS is in its Default state. ?

5. When i connect the NAS to the Thomson modem again, it appears in the network without any problem.

To me it seems that the Alcatel modem does not accept the NAS, but i am not sure. Is there a compatibility list available?

ESCHER

• El Toro
Re: LS-XH2.0 not seen in Network
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »

I suppose the ports that NASnavigator uses are blocked by the router.  Is the LS-XHL connected directly to the router?

Try to connect the LS-XHL, the PC and the router to a switch.  Performance should not suffer.

elcacho

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:17:11 AM »

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the LS-XHL is connected direclty to the router. Is there any way to free ports on a router? Or is that something very complicated, since you advise me to connect it to a switch.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:47:26 AM »

Try opening this port locally to your computer through the modem. UDP -port 22936

elcacho

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »

Thank you. I am going to try it and let you know the outcome.

elcacho

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 01:14:24 PM »

Ok this is what did (without any luck yet).

Connect my laptop tot the router. I went to the modem portforwarding page and added the port suggested in this thread.

I added a screenshot to clarify.

For portforwardig, i added the ip that was assigned to my laptop.

I then turned off and on the power of the LS-XH and i also rebooted my laptop.

But it still does not appear in my network, nor in NAS Navigator. I checked the manual, but i cannot find which port it is using.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 01:18:33 PM »

That's not good... What version of the Nas Navi are you running? Are there any firmware updates for your modem/router?

elcacho

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 01:43:51 PM »

I am running version 2.25 of the NAS Navi.

In terms of my modem, i cannot even find the modem on the page of the manufacture Alcatel-Lucent.

I am now calling my ISP to see if they can tell me about a firmware update. In the meanwhile, is there anything else i could try?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 02:09:32 PM »

Yes there is, update to the latest version of the Nas Navi.

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/validate/?MTkwfG5hc25hdmktMjM0d3Iuemlw

elcacho

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »

Ok, updated to the latest Nas Navi, but still no luck. I tried through wireless and also by lan.

Just one question though, for portforwarding, which IP adress should i use? my public WAN? or the local one.

And: does it matter if am not using the default HOMEGROUP as workgroup?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 04:21:20 PM »

I would try disabling the home group set up and just workgroup. I ran into issues when using Windows 7's homegroup method.

elcacho

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 05:10:12 PM »

I will try that tomorrow, im now outside the office. Tomorrow morning (for me Mexican time) I will post an update.

Thanks in advance.

elcacho

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 09:58:53 AM »

Ok, i removed the computer from the windows 7 home network, but still no luck. I really get the impression that the port is still blocked on the modem. The port that was given in this thread, is it really the right one? I googled for it, but i cannot find such information. That is , on this specific NAS.

elcacho

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »

Ok here a quick update. I still not managed to get it working, but i found something strange. When i now connect the NAS directly to the PC, NasNav sees the LS. As soon as i connect it to the modem again, the LED turns orange which is an error state.

Could anyone please explain me what it could be?

elcacho

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »

Ok, it turns out the orange led is a firmware update, which is already installed. But again, no luck yet. I must say i am getting frustrated about the whole process. The last attemt is to purchase a switch, to see if that helps.

If anyone has other suggestions, please let me know.