Author Topic: Disable Trashbox on LS-GL30B  (Read 7434 times)

fjramon

• Calf
Disable Trashbox on LS-GL30B
« on: September 30, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »

Hi, although I disabled that feature in the SharedFolder - My Disk - Recicle Bin, the deleted files are not deleted but placed in the trash box.

any ideas?

Thank you

bluegeek9

• Calf
Re: Disable Trashbox on LS-GL30B
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 11:09:22 PM »

?????

I know what you are talking about, but you are not very clear on what your end desire is.  Do you want the Recycle Bin feature disabled, but it is not disabled? 

fjramon

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:23:19 AM »
   Yes, that's the problem. I'd like to disable de trashbox, but it seems that it doesn't work.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 08:07:28 AM »
You can log into the unit by putting the IP address of the NAS into your web browser, sign in as admin then click on share folder set up.  You have to click on each share and disable the trashbox feature.

fjramon

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 02:03:46 AM »

The only feature about this in the share folder set up is:

Recycle Bin
Enable  Disable

But it doesn't work because the deleted files go to the trash

JenK

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 01:56:15 PM »
   I had the same problem.  Fixed it by deleting the default share called "share" and then created a new share with the Recycle Bin option disabled.  No more Trashbox folder when deleting files.

mthevenot

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 12:40:03 AM »

What he is saying is that Disabling the Recycle Bin (trashbox) feature in the user interface does not work.  There appears to be a bug.  Once the feature is enabled on a share, you have to delete and re-create the share to make the Recycle Bin (trashbox) actually go away.

If I delete a file, it goes into the trashbox, which (of course) does not free up any diskspace.  I checked the Share configuration and Recycle Bin is disabled.  This is on a LS Pro 500GB.

I tried re-enabling the Recycle Bin and then re-disabling it.  I delete files, then delete the trashbox, but it keeps coming back, even when it should be disabled.

I have a Media share with hundreds of GB of data, so deleting the share and re-creating it is not an option.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 11:23:09 AM »

try to force the firmware then set the unit back to factory defaults (this will not result in any data loss)

directions are posted below

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=22021#M277

JenK

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 07:01:53 PM »

Reflashing the firmware to v1.11 (mine was actually 1.13) then resetting the device to factory defaults did the trick permanently this time.  The previous post I made only stuck as long as I didn't turn the Linkstation off.

To do the reflash you have to edit the lsupdater.ini so the last few lines look like the following.  Without it, the flash program won't locate your linkstation.

[Flags]
VersionCheck = 0

[SpecialFlags]
Debug = 1

When you reset to defaults all the configuration data goes away (users, IP,etc) but at least in my case the data was still there. 

Message Edited by JenK on 11-06-2008 07:02 PM

fjramon

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 10:41:17 AM »
   Where can a I download the firmware of the LS-GL30B?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 09:03:27 AM »
Depending on what region you purchased the unit in, but it will be on buffalotech.com under down loads.