Author Topic: LinkStation Pro Quad Logic Board Failure Error Code E07  (Read 4972 times)

Webdevii

• Calf
LinkStation Pro Quad Logic Board Failure Error Code E07
« on: August 06, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »

Has anyone had this same issue Error Code E07 which translates to no single light followed by short flashing light  this error code is for 7 flashing red lights. with .03sec intervals

If I was not such a faithfull person and just flew off the handle about this I would probably say this is the biggest Piece of cake out there.  But since i am not your typical *ss*ole. I am giving Buffalo the benifit of the doubt and writing this off as a stroke of bad luck.  But now here is where it gets interesting.  This is the 2nd time in 90 days this has happened.  Below you will find my time table

Purchase Date April 19th, 2011

First Failure Date On May 13th, it was a 7 day turn around and I had my new (refurbished) unit up and running no charge to me

Second Failure Date on July 31st it was a 5 day turn around and I have my new (refurbished) unit up and running no charge to me

Both failures were error code E07 major failure of the Logic Board.

I called Tech Support, spoke with Dan, he claims he has never seen a unit go down as much as my unit has.

the LinkStation only has a 1 year Warranty on it, the TeraStation however has a 3 year warranty, to this day I am kicking myself in the ass for not

buying the Terastation.  Which will be next in November 2011.

I am anxious to see if anyone else has had this issue and your feelings about all of this.

Thank you for listening

Have a Great Day

Dev

carwoola

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Pro Quad Logic Board Failure Error Code E07
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 10:42:37 PM »

Hi there, I posted something similar this morning ... not sure about the error code but the unit (LS-QVL/E) I bought only last week goes into some error mode everytime I try to copy data to it and then starts re-syncing the RAID5 (4x 2TB Seagate drives).

At this stage I haven't been able to make use of this 'thing' at all ....

Tried to call local support but was waiting over 1/2hour on the phone and gave up ... not good at all

digithead

• Calf
  • Just a dirty old biker and computer nerd...
    • Dave's Digital Devices
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:35:29 AM »

Well ... looks like I may have just experienced the same issue. Bought the device two weeks ago and yesterday while wrighting a rather large amount of data to it, same thing... one long amber LED followed by 7 short flashes. Sure hope we didn't totally LOSE it as we had great deal of PDF scans on it that are critical... *sigh*

Remember, where ever you go, there you are.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
The "error" you are getting is not even an error. It's I17 which means the raid is resynching.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

digithead

• Calf
  • Just a dirty old biker and computer nerd...
    • Dave's Digital Devices
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 03:53:41 PM »

Yes... it did recover from the resynching just fine. Evidently caused by a "large file write" bug in the firmware that I saw mentioned in another thread. As soon as it got done, I upgrade to the latest firmware with now problem.

Now however, we seem to have yet another problem. See the the thread "FAQ (3 of 5): TFTP boot procedure". The "spontanious EM mode" out of the blue...  :-(

Remember, where ever you go, there you are.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »

amber lights are information lights. red lights are error lights.