Author Topic: Terastation Live : E14 Can't mount raid  (Read 20661 times)

jjsteele

• Calf
Terastation Live : E14 Can't mount raid
« on: February 24, 2009, 08:07:03 AM »
   I have a Terastation Live 1 TB configured as Raid 5. I am now getting the above error message, I have tried force flashing it to the current 2.14, but still have the same error. How do I progress from here?

iconsa

• Calf
Re: Terastation Live : E14 Can't mount raid
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 03:01:15 AM »

We have the exact same error and no solution too, worse : it happens on the same day !

We tried to change the SATA drive for another same brand same size and it is not detected

We cannot either click on restructure button or select the new drive because buttons are greyed in the interface.

Help would be greatly appreciated

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 07:15:03 AM »
That means the unit cannot mount the RAID array. You won't be able to restructure the new disk or disks until that array gets deleted and re-created.

jjsteele

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 08:01:15 AM »
   So this means all the data is lost? Not much use using RAID5 if this is the case! Isn't there anything that can be done by telneting in?

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:41:43 AM »
There is no telnet support using our firmware.

jjsteele

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:48:53 AM »
   I have had this once before, and updating to 2.14 cured the problem - this would tend to show that it is possible for the data to be intact even though this error message is being shown. Would flashing to an older formware and then back again possibly fix it?

swade2569

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:36 AM »

I am getting this error on the front panel display too, it has occurred twice.

The difference is, my array is working fine.  I am able to work with the data on the volume with no problem.

Yesterday, I rebooted the Terastation Pro, and the error went away.  Sometime overnight, the error returned to the front panel display.

The odd thing is there is no mention of a problem in the system or disk logs.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »
Typically, E14 means there is some corruption on the RAID. Try performing a Disk Check from Disk Management in the interface.

swade2569

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 01:10:31 PM »

I ran a disk check which came back successful.  Then my Browser Management stopped responding (timeouts).  I also got a new message saying "Checking Array  I14" which didn't go away for over an hour.

I powered the unit down (by holding the power button), and restarted.  I then couldn't load kernel again.

At that point I followed your advice from the other thread and re-applied the firmware 1.33.  All green lights and happy for the moment.  

Since whatever causes this happens overnight, I guess I'll see what it's like in the morning.

njnewbie

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 07:17:40 AM »

I turned off my Terrastation Pro last evening due th bad thunder storms in the area.  Turned it on this morning and got RAID Array1 E14 Can't mount message.

Does this mean that the RAID array is rebuilding itself or did I lose everything?

Thanks