Author Topic: LS Pro Duo - power down and different hardware versions ?  (Read 2487 times)

peternie

• Calf
LS Pro Duo - power down and different hardware versions ?
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »

Dear All,

I'm very sorry to bother you again, another newbie-question. The manual of the LS PRO DUO is unfortunately very disappointing. I want to power down my LS PRO DUO. In the manual a button in the web management is mentioned under the "Maintenance" section. But I've only a reboot option (German webinterface).

I found out that it should be possible to power down the system by pressing the power button for at least 3 seconds. But the power leds is switching to blue and flashing but after a while (1 minute) it's back to green.

Power switch on the backside is set to "on", changing to off takes no effect. I can only pull the power line.

Any ideas ?

My System is a LS-WTGL/R1-V3 F/W 3.07 

And a last question. Is there anybody who can explain the differences between V1 and my V3-version Is the V3-version the current version or did I buy an old system (bought last Saturday 1TB-version) . It seems that I have 128 RAM instead of 64, any other changes ?

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: LS Pro Duo - power down and different hardware versions ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 03:50:51 PM »

The power switch on the back when swapped to off should power the unit down after about 15 seconds, if this is not happening it is possible there is something wrong with this switch. An alternate method of powering the devices down is, if power is in auto and you have the NAS navigator 2 installed a computer, when that computer powers down it should shut off the Pro Duo with it.

As for the differences between v1 and v3 it's mostly firmware differences, though the motherboard on the v3 is also altered to accommodate the new function button on the unit which is used to swap between different modes used for diagnostics.