Author Topic: Cannot update DTCP-IP, Giving firmware error message.  (Read 31867 times)

jlanaway

• Calf
Re: Cannot update DTCP-IP, Giving firmware error message.
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2012, 11:45:16 AM »

Thanks... nice to know I'm not the only one having that problem.

However, I also tried that, with the same result as you - no fix!

James

grayhound78

• Calf
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2012, 12:21:43 PM »

I feel your pain James. Whatever Buffalo have done with the latest FW has completly pi$$ed me off!!

I can't acess my media, I've spent 3 days f*cking around force updating firmware all for following there update instructions! First it DLNA 2101 error's following the v1.60 update and then no media server after following the instructions from the tech support suggestions.

Its an abosolute joke!

bcolg8

• Calf
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2012, 11:40:34 PM »

Guys

1.6 firmware upgrades the twonky server to a new version 

downgrade to 1.58 form here using the force install

ftp://buffalokorea.dyndns.org/array1/buffalo/buffalo%20server/Storage/LinkStation/LinkStation_FW_1.58_win.zip

this will roll back to twonky to 4.4.19.....

when i did this i did not get the DTCP-IP error

cheers

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »

For all customers getting the DTCP error, whether you've upgraded to 1.60 or not, please email me your MAC address (12 digit), Serial number (14 digit), full product part number (include capacity), and the firmware version you are using.

doobre

• Tatanka
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2012, 11:38:48 AM »

sorry simple Q.. but how to email you.?

user of 3x LS-WXL, 1xLS220D but not that impressed with the reliability of the Seagate disks they use...

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:24 PM »

drmemory@buffalotech.com is my email address

jlanaway

• Calf
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012, 12:43:48 PM »

Is there any update to this issue?  At the moment I have to restart the DNLA server every time I boot my device, which is very painful...  two months with no progress is VERY frustrating!

Joozt

• Calf
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2012, 05:09:06 AM »

Hi All,

This problem arrised at my Linkstation after I performed a FW-upgrade from version 1.56 to 1.63. I didn't had it before. See my post on:

Dropping Out issue on how I finnally solved the issue on my Linkstation.

Regards,

Joost (NL)

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2012, 10:10:59 AM »

The Cannot Update DTCP-IP error message was fixed recently for every one with firmware 1.60 and higher. All you have to do make sure your linkstation network settings match your router, and reboot the linkstation. If that doesn't work, try a different browser and the error message will stop. firmware 1.64 (for those linkstations that take this firmware) - also updates your DTCP to a later one than June.

joseph_tran

• Calf
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2017, 11:32:23 AM »
Dear all.
I'm using a LS-420D, 2 HDD 1T x 2, with the firmware 1.81, and i get the same the error. I cant start the DLNA service and receiver a message about updating DTCP-IP but i cant perform that updating, even i had tried many ways : reset NAS, format and reinstall firmware 1.81, reboot ... When i try to update DTCP-IP, i usually get a message "check internet connection" or "task not perform". The weird thing is i have no problem with my old NAS LS-410D. The NAS LS-410D works well with the firmware 1.81. Please help me to fix this error on my NAS LS-420D.
Thank you in advance.