Author Topic: TFTP MODE E06: Lost boot image  (Read 92213 times)

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: TFTP MODE E06: Lost boot image
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 07:53:51 PM »
You need to flash the firmware which for your model landiepete would be here. You have to flash the firmware after getting the boot image loaded on.

landiepete

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 01:19:02 AM »

Ok, it's sorted.

The Vista PC didn't want to connect to the TSPII. Well, the connection went ok, but as soon as I tried the updater i got an acp error. So I whipped up an XP box and all went well.

Thanks,

Peter

Message Edited by landiepete on 04-06-2009 01:20 AM

buscha

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »

I had a similar problem with my pro 2 duo, with 2 usb drives (and two 500g drives).  I may or may not have had the v1 image installed but it was working for the image i was using for many months.  When my ls2 became responsive this was the place i came to and found a whole lot of good information.  I was able to do the tftp boot, using the sticky message at the top of this board, and i was able to flash the v3.09 image from the bufalo support site for the pro duo 2 with 2 usb ports, but now all the web langauge is in japanese, though i was able to see the status page indicating 1000gb of RAID*1 storage.  The * was a japanese unicode character that didn't look like a *.  Why would it be reporting 1000gb of RAID 1 storage when 1000gb in my case would be RAID 0?  This gives me some hope of recovery, although the share it is reporting is now empty!

is there another v3.09 image that comes in english?

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 01:57:17 PM »

It defaults to Japanese during the installation most likely. This can, in most cases, be changed back quite easily.

Click on second top from the the top (the one below the one labeled "top")

Scroll to the bottom of this page and select "english" from the first pull down menu and "cp437" from the second, then hit the button on the bottom of the page

Close the browser

Wait about 30 seconds

Re-open the browser and try to log into the LS again and it should be in english

Lockstock

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 06:44:12 AM »

Hi

This article is great, I have replaced all of the disks in the station of terra but I cannot get the firmware back on.  I have the iSCSI version TS-RIGTL/R5.  Long story on how I got here, but needless to say, I have not got the original disks.

I can follow this and the NASNavi can see the unit - GREAT

However, when I come to put the correct firmware on (TS-IGL_101-116), TSUpdater does not see it.  I use the TSUpdater that came down with that firmware

Yet if I use the firmware TS-RHGLit can see the unti, and all works fine and I upload the firmware.  This only gives me NFS though, I need the iSCSI functionality back.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »

Lockstock wrote:

Hi

This article is great, I have replaced all of the disks in the station of terra but I cannot get the firmware back on.  I have the iSCSI version TS-RIGTL/R5.  Long story on how I got here, but needless to say, I have not got the original disks.

I can follow this and the NASNavi can see the unit - GREAT

However, when I come to put the correct firmware on (TS-IGL_101-116), TSUpdater does not see it.  I use the TSUpdater that came down with that firmware

Yet if I use the firmware TS-RHGLit can see the unti, and all works fine and I upload the firmware.  This only gives me NFS though, I need the iSCSI functionality back.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

You have the model TS-RIGTL and tried to put the firmware TS-IGL on to the device to no avail?  However, the TS-RHGL firmware works on the unit?  Sorry, I'm a bit confused could you please re-check and make sure you didn't typo the model or firmware revisions?  Reason being is if the firmware model revision doesn't match with the model itself it won't work.  Hence why you can't update the firmware of a TS Pro II to a TS III.  It quite simply will not work because the hardware is different to each model, this also includes hardware revisions.

rjquillin

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 09:58:31 PM »

OK, blew up my TS too, HD crash on a HS-DH2.0TGL/R5 box.  Pulled the 500G drives and replaced with 1TB units.

Now getting the E06 error. Replaced the 500's and still the E06 error.

Tried downloading the TFTP sw from ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/nas-recovery but get a

550 /mnt/disk1/share/nas-recovery: No such file or directory

error...

Did the software get pulled?

Can it be reposted?

tnx

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 12:21:37 PM »

Sorry, there was a directory structure change. The new link is ftp://24.153.165.234/array1/share/nas-recovery/

chenjhc

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 01:13:12 PM »
The ftp site seems dead now. Any help to bring it back? Need it to recover my linkstation live with a new HDD. Thx

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 01:37:17 PM »

Try again on Monday, it looks like the site has gone down for the moment.

Palermo

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 01:24:45 AM »

Hi!

Where i can download TFTP Boot Recovery LS CHL 1.06 for LS-CH500L ?

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »

The FTP site is up now. Try that link a few posts back.

hembo

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »

Hi

I have the exact same problem with my HS-DHTGL/R5

Is there software for that on the above mentioned ftp server ?, I cant seem to connect to it.

I have downloaded the hs-dhtgl-up_214_102 package from the support/download section, but can't figure out which files to put on my FreeNAS TFTP server.

best regards

- hembo

hembo

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 07:31:35 PM »

Sorry, my chrome browser couldn't connect, but I succeded with IE.

Thanks for all the help I found here.

best regards

- hembo

GordonJBell

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 11:24:26 AM »

Hi,

Some advice and then a question.

I recently has the E16 error. I removed the disk from the Linkstation had someone extract the data I required from the hard disk. He told me it looked like the partition was damaged.

Now I have the data I need from the disk I was hoping to put it back together and see if I could format the hard disk and get it working again.

I followed the steps above and the TFTP Boot and NAS Navigator register the device however when I try to update the firmware (which I assume is the next step) I got an error saying "Couldn't Confirm a response from HS-DHGL-EM9CF, please check a network address of both PC and HS-DHGL-EM9CF, Please disable the firewall if it is working on the PC. Update aborted."

I eventually managed to get this to work by removing the static IP address from the PC network settings and allowing it to set this automatically. (That is the advice). The firmware updater now finds the Linkstation and tries to update the firmware.

When I run the updater it tells me I need to format the drive as expected but when I try to run the format it comes back with an error "Failed to format (ACP_STATE_ERROR)". I take it that means it is game over for the hard drive?

Many thanks in advance.

Gordon