Author Topic: When will Terastation Pro be again useable on Mac OS 10.7 Lion??  (Read 1678 times)

melmalinowski

• Calf

I have long been a big Buffalo fan, but the delay in issuing firmware compatible with Mac OS 10.7 is very annoying and disappointing.

This change was not unknown. I am an iOS developer, and know that details of the network change have been available for months. Now, it's been a week since the rollout of Lion, and we still cannot get firmware that enables us to use our Terastation Pro. I have data on there that I need to use! This is now costing us time and money.

I think it is rather inconsiderate of Buffalo to not provide upfront in the website news about when the firmware will be available, or a way for them to let us register for email notification when it occurs. I made this clear to Tech Support by phone, but it appeared that nothing would be done, and we would be left on our own to repeatedly look on the website till some day it would be posted.

Come on, Buffalo--this is not good customer relations!

PRPechek

• Calf
Re: When will Terastation Pro be again useable on Mac OS 10.7 Lion??
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:21:37 PM »

Mel,

I believe I answered this question in the other two threads that you posted in. Let me know if you need something else!

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

Office 512.349.1333 | Mobile 512.739.7275

11100 Metric Blvd Ste. 750 | Austin, TX 78758

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

Follow us, and join the discussion!

facebook.com/buffalotech

twitter.com/buffalotech 

forums.buffalotech.com

_________________________________ ?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 06:31:59 AM »
If you need to access the data urgently then use FTP.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

melmalinowski

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 09:32:11 AM »

How can you use ftp with a Terastation? Can you be specific?

It bothers me that Buffalo is giving virtually no workaround tech support on this. It's like they think it's not their problem?

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 09:45:40 AM »

You can enable FTP support by going to the web gui on your Terastation, click on Shared Folders, then click on the folder you need to access.  Next, put a checkmark next to the option for FTP under Shared Folder Support.  Click Apply, or Save.  Then click Service Setup, under Shared Folders in the left hand menu, and enable FTP Server.  Again, click Apply or Save.  Now you can access the Terastation via FTP with your web browser (via a url like this: ftp://ip-address-of-your-terastation) or with your favorite FTP client.

I hope this helps!

~S