Author Topic: After 1.52/1.53 Firmware Upgrade, Can't Access Shared Folders LS Series  (Read 1437 times)

Tech_Geek

• Calf

Logged into admin page, it said there was a new firmware, so I let it upgrade.  Upgrade process went smoothly.  Rebooted Mac (Snow Leopard), rebooted NAS.   NAS comes up fine, web cameras can write images to shared folders via FTP as they always have done.  Unit is a LS-VL v2 Pro

When I open the main shared folder, there are the sub-folders that were there prior to the firmware update.  But, if I click to open a sub-folder, the NAS will grind and grind and grind forever, not returning the directory of file names.  Almost like there is a bug.   Worked fine under 1.43  Only way to make NAS stop grinding is to cycle power.  Typical sub-folder might have 20,000 files.  I say grind cause you can hear the beast make noises as it traverses the hard drive over and over.  Not a bad noise like a crashed drive or a re-cal, just a noise like it is going all over the hard drive to return the directory.

Bug?     Can you please re-post 1.43?

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull

I do not have this issue myself... but I do not have over 20,000 files in a folder. You could try resetting the interface first before you downgrade the firmware. Go to system, restore/erase and choose restore. I still have the firmware if you want it but I think that the restore or even a reflash with the 1.52 firmware should fix the issue.

Tech_Geek

• Calf
Thanks - did as you suggested, did a restore. Naturally, had to go thru each admin tab and set settings like enable FTP, power settings, etc. Time Machine backup works fine, web cameras can save files via FTP. I.e., it looks like it is working normally, but.... Still can't just open up the share / NAS with Finder and see a directory of a sub folder. Can see the main folder (root), but not below that. Just grinds and grinds and grinds. Yes, 1.43 would be welcomed, it worked. This is under Snow Leopard. Maybe under attempt to get firmware to work under Lion, they accidentally goobered something up. Thanks.

CapnSmith

• Buffalo

Tech_Geek,

Can you access the main share via FTP?  If you can, I recommend making a backup of all the data on the unit, then performing a disk check with the option "Remove Mac ._ files" checked.  If that does not resolve the issue the next step would be formatting the array and re-create the shares.