Author Topic: LinkStation Pro Duo  (Read 2389 times)

yosef

• Calf
LinkStation Pro Duo
« on: January 06, 2009, 06:31:07 AM »

I'd like to use the Linkstation Pro Duel with an external drive connected via USB. Will I be able to use the Raid 1 features and use that external drive as a mirror to the internal drive. Does the external disk need to be equal in size to the internal disk or can I decide that only certain data or data types will be mirrored and therefore reduce the size of the mirror disk?

Thanks 

peternie

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:56:34 AM »

Hi yosef,

You can use the LS Pro Duo with Raid1. Also you can use an external USB-drive to backup your data. This needs not to be the equal in size to the internal disk as you can use the web-management to set up with data will be backups, not in file types but which share.

I use a separate "important" share which contains all data which should be included in the backup. Afterwards I configured a backup job for this share only to the attached USB-drive.

Hope this helps a little bit before you receive detailled information from the experts in this forum.

regards from Germany,

Peter 

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »
The Linkstation's RAID functions only include the internal disks, so you will not be able to use a USB disk in that manner. If you format the USB drive with the interface, you can use it with the Disk Backup feature to make a backup of the information on the RAID array. I would recommend using Overwrite Backup - Differential, as this will be the closest to a mirror of the internal disks.