Author Topic: Can't transfer over approximately 20GB to HDD  (Read 1924 times)

aajsmh1

• Calf
Can't transfer over approximately 20GB to HDD
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »

Hi

I'd be really appreciative if I could solve this problem as my mac HDD is quickly filling up and I'm having to delete stuff I'd rather not!

I am currently running Mac OS Leopard on my Macbook Pro and I have the Buffalo HD-HX1.0TU3-EU and about 4 months ago I have approximately 200GB of stuff on the hard drive all transfered from said mac, all of a sudden I couldn't load any more onto the hard drive despite having about 750GB of free space. I re-formatted the HDD to Mac OS Journaled in hope that this would solve the problem but it didn't.

At the moment I can load about  20GB onto the freshly formatted HDD and when I try to load any more i get the following errors.

If somebody can help with this I'll be very happy and grateful.

Ashley 

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Can't transfer over approximately 20GB to HDD
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »

I have never seen that before. Do you have the same issue on other machines?

aajsmh1

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 12:16:09 PM »

When I plug it into a Windows XP laptop I can only view the partition with the Buffalo stuff on, not a drive to add anything to?

aajsmh1

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »

Anybody?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 11:30:22 PM »

Sorry about the delay. Try opening the virtual CD drive that it shows up with. You should see a file called drivenavi.exe. Open that and try and walk through the program to install it. Hopefully at that point the disk should show up either in my computer or in disk management so that it can be formatted for use.